Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

ps cropped_1_DSC_0085.jpg

ps cropped_1_DSC_0083.jpg

ps cropped_2_DSC_0074.jpg

Last edited:
My incredibly fluffy rooster Uriah under the clouds :) got him yesterday, was missing having a rooster around after Napoleon died this summer. Although, strangely, I have not heard him crow yet (he’s 7 months old)
View attachment 2359219
Maybe he’s taking everything in before letting anything out.

I’m sure he doesn’t mind waiting before he crows for the first time in his new home ❤️

Beautiful boy! He’ll get himself a girlfriend before long!

Maybe he’s taking everything in before letting anything out.

I’m sure he doesn’t mind waiting before he crows for the first time in his new home ❤

Beautiful boy! He’ll get himself a girlfriend before long!
The three older hens don’t approve of him very much, but they were hanging out today. I haven’t seen him try to do a rooster dance around them yet, but he was the youngest of 16 roosters at the farm where I got him so he’s probably never done it before! :lol: his dad was excellent with babies but he is still figuring that out I think, he’s nice to them but will peck them. I have a feeling the older three might stay aloof, but there are six pullets who I’m sure will happily become his flock, plus two ducks.

Also he keeps doing that thing where he opens his mouth and stretches his neck, and he keeps doing quick little shakes of his head. My first thought was ear mites but I’ve not had any experience with that at all so I’m not sure.

Back
Top Bottom