Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

20170504_131017.jpg
20170504_130848.jpg

Belgium. Well i was just about to say "i wish i lived somewhere with less predators" then you brought the hawk... I'm so sorry. We have so many eaters here in Maine. We used to free range, and we only lost two in two years. But now foxes and coyotes are so thick on the ground, ours stay fenced and cooped with a top on the fence.
I'm newish to chickens, and i know predators gotta eat, but dang i hate them eating my chickens!
Lost my pretty little Marshamallow to a possum a few nights ago.. she was late getting in the coop and I was late locking up. Kicking myself in the pantaloons over it. She's the young lady in the foreground. EE x Bielefelder
WatchingOver.JPG

Lost my pretty little Marshamallow to a possum a few nights ago.. she was late getting in the coop and I was late locking up. Kicking myself in the pantaloons over it. She's the young lady in the foreground. EE x BielefelderView attachment 2975446
GAH! There's gotta be a better way. I'm so sorry. I mean seriously tho. Unless you can afford miles of hurricane fencing with a top, and a before ground addition of 3 feet (around here we have fisher cats) i guess you just gotta make your apologies that they can't free range. Which sucks.

GAH! There's gotta be a better way. I'm so sorry. I mean seriously tho. Unless you can afford miles of hurricane fencing with a top, and a before ground addition of 3 feet (around here we have fisher cats) i guess you just gotta make your apologies that they can't free range. Which sucks.
I've had to run the hotwire fence around all nearby trees too. Lil stinkers climb one tree then use branches like bridges.. Did you know a possum can jump 10 feet?

Back
Top Bottom