Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

The Easter Eggs doing some unauthorized free ranging.

0602221003.jpg

They've discovered that they can hop up through the larger squares of the electric netting and shimmy through.

OF COURSE the slimy water in the bucket I used for watering blueberry bushes is more appealing than their nice, clean waterers that I just refilled 10 minutes before.

(Yes, the fellow on the right is severely crossbeaked. I'm hoping that he'll make it to butcher weight and not have to be put down early. I've seen him eating and he isn't noticeably smaller than the other boys).

The Easter Eggs doing some unauthorized free ranging.

View attachment 3133382

They've discovered that they can hop up through the larger squares of the electric netting and shimmy through.

OF COURSE the slimy water in the bucket I used for watering blueberry bushes is more appealing than their nice, clean waterers that I just refilled 10 minutes before.

(Yes, the fellow on the right is severely crossbeaked. I'm hoping that he'll make it to butcher weight and not have to be put down early. I've seen him eating and he isn't noticeably smaller than the other boys).
Your crossbeak is so cute!

Your crossbeak is so cute!

I will give him the best life I can manage for him until he either reaches butchering weight with the other cull cockerels or becomes unable to eat from the feeders.

Did you see my favorite OE in her own thread? https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/little-beauty.1530452/ She's the only gold-based bird I've ever really liked because her colors are so soft.

I tried to get a picture of her for this thread but she was too active and wouldn't stay in focus. :D

Back
Top Bottom