Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Mr T, my OEGB mix is 16 weeks old today.. Poor squirt was nearly a failure to thrive and I kept having to move 'him' to brooders with smaller chicks to keep from getting trampled. He doesn't have sickle feathers in 'his' tail nor the full complement of hackle feathers I expected. Well, today 'he' found 'his' voice and instead of crowing, sang the egg song and was clucking. 'He' is the one on the right. Got that comb and wattles early on, but they haven't grown since.
IMGP0003.JPG

No, I don't think that would work.

At this point only the more notable of my birds have gotten names. I can't keep track with 23 adults plus the juveniles and chicks.

Lapis

It has become a trend now to name babies after precious stones. If you are looking to follow the trend, then we have a suggestion for you. This name right here means a semi-precious stone for blue color.

This is Willy bean. Calling her a she…for now and is hysterical, spends more time rolling around, posing on her side and speed runs around like a little demon poof ball chicken but is a sweetie. Lol she scoots around on her side 🤣.

Sad thing is Willy is special for sure. Poor baby has a broken part around his nostril on the beak and cross-beak showed up a few weeks ago, looks like it’s progressing rapidly. 😢 I love this little bird, definitely holds a special place compared to my other chicks. With the cross-beak, still researching but I will provide the best I can and hopefully he can have a fun time still!

Attachments

• C5D28D34-9E3F-4DD2-A5A1-D0A5B33CEEAA.jpeg
    C5D28D34-9E3F-4DD2-A5A1-D0A5B33CEEAA.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom