Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

I generally look for cockerel specific feathering and comb and waffle development. I had a Wyandotte pullet in the bunch (not in the photo) so it was easy to tell the difference between the two.

Here are a couple photos.

View attachment 3241090 Very early on, Zoro’s comb was bigger and more red than the pullet’s.
View attachment 3241091
You can see the pullet in the top right corner of the photo has very little comb or wattle development. (I had two pullets, but I gave one away)

Hopefully this helped.
Thanks. They are very cute! I'm thinking mine is a cockerel. Unfortunately if so, I can't keep it. My Marans is a cockerel too.

Thoughts on picture?

Attachments

• 20220828_142835.jpg
    20220828_142835.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 10
This is Amelia, my favorite chicken who I just lost today to cancer 😢. She was so sweet, curious and adventurous. She was at the bottom of the pecking order but didn’t seem to care, perfectly content to venture off on her own and into the neighbors flower beds. She just *had* to be in my feet anytime I was in the yard, convinced that whatever was in my hands was absolutely a treat for her. I’m going to miss her 💔

View attachment 3241806View attachment 3241808View attachment 3241809

I'm sorry for your loss. She was a pretty girl :hugs

Nyx is a favaucana, some of them lay blue eggs.
According to MyPetChicken Favaucana is their exclusive cross. Nyx came from Meyer.

I don't know that Meyer is doing a similar cross though I don't think there would be any legal reason they couldn't. If they are someone really screwed up which incubator they put the resulting eggs in.

According to MyPetChicken Favaucana is their exclusive cross. Nyx came from Meyer.

I don't know that Meyer is doing a similar cross though I don't think there would be any legal reason they couldn't. If they are someone really screwed up which incubator they put the resulting eggs in.
Ah, I mixed them up— Meyer sells green queens, which are also faverolles x ameraucana crosses, they’re just second generation. And, being a cross, not all of them lay green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom