Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

@BastyPutt I moved Pepper to another create. But, he isn't happy. I hope he gets used to this 😔
View attachment 3530197
Give him a few days while his memory is being 'reprogrammed'. I separated the 6 week old chicks from the moms and dad late yesterday.. Took the kids a while to go to bed, but they did. One of the mom's, not overly maternal is pacing the fence of her new digs. She's wanting to lay an egg where she's used to.. She'll probably plop it on the ground until she finds the nesting boxes I've provided for them. The 2 other hens and dad seem well adjusted already. Almost as if to say. 'Phew, peace and quiet at last!'

@BastyPutt I moved Pepper to another create. But, he isn't happy. I hope he gets used to this 😔
View attachment 3530197
H.W. NAYLOR Dr. Naylor Blu-Kote - 5 Ounce Aerosol https://a.co/d/bXIzYFK

That is an Amazon link for bluekote. Our first Polish cockerel we weren't sure what was going on when he lost those feathers, but thought it was some sort of parasite. We know now that it wasn't, but we sprayed the BK on his head. The others HATE the taste, look or whatever but they leave them alone when it is on there. It does stain for a few weeks atleast, so if you don't mind him having a blue head for awhile, this will do the trick and he can be around the others. Usually it will deter them for a long enough period where they lose interest.

we only have one area for our top hats, and then another smaller area to keep cockerels separated. so when we have multiple cockerels together, we will preventatively spray their hats to deter the others.

View attachment 3530197
And if there is some open skin from the picking, this is totally okay to spray on. It is what we put on our roosters spurs after we remove the outer shell to stop any infection.

Make sure to wear gloves as well.

I have antibiotics spray will that work
38186.jpg

H.W. NAYLOR Dr. Naylor Blu-Kote - 5 Ounce Aerosol https://a.co/d/bXIzYFK

That is an Amazon link for bluekote. Our first Polish cockerel we weren't sure what was going on when he lost those feathers, but thought it was some sort of parasite. We know now that it wasn't, but we sprayed the BK on his head. The others HATE the taste, look or whatever but they leave them alone when it is on there. It does stain for a few weeks atleast, so if you don't mind him having a blue head for awhile, this will do the trick and he can be around the others. Usually it will deter them for a long enough period where they lose interest.

we only have one area for our top hats, and then another smaller area to keep cockerels separated. so when we have multiple cockerels together, we will preventatively spray their hats to deter the others.
Ok I just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks again for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom