Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

I did not realize the pic had to be landscape… will this one do? Here is another from today… these two are inseparable ❤️
IMG_0177.jpeg

Everyone's flock dynamics are different. For myself we are limited to 5 hens/no roos so if there's a bully in the bunch she's outta here!

I'm pretty old now after a dozen years of backyarding and I'm slowly shifting to all-one breed -- Bearded 2-lb Sikies (no Frizzles, no Showgirls, no Satins) just the plain ol' regular Silkies. Their eggs are the same size as our 5-lb Dominique - small-med.

I love the personality of my Doms but in old age I'm shifting to the smaller Silkies -- easier to pickup and hold, sweet dispositions, even a potential Silkie bully in the bunch can't do harm cuz Silkies are skittish and move fast out of harm's way. They are calm to hold, easier to tame, and most are easy to break out of broodiness. I've had only one determined broody out of 5 but she just took an extra few days to lock out of the nestbox.

I have two more DNA-sexed Silkie chicks on order. Here are our current 3-yr-old Silkies and our 6-yr old Dominique. Hard to get a picture of all 3 of them in one area -- they are constantly moving!

View attachment 3656492
View attachment 3656493
View attachment 3656495
View attachment 3656504
They are adorable 😍 ❤️! We live in the agriculture area of Plant City Florida. So really no limit on what we can have. I have 19 hens of various breeds, two polish, 5 Brahma's so far my favorite 😍. No roosters!

Back
Top Bottom