Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

One has a single comb and the other rose?
6 GLW's, 5 rose combs. Rosie has the only single comb. She thinks shes better because of it too. At night she marches back and forth on the roost daring anyone to jump up. When they do, she drops her head and runs at them like a line backer. They tumble like bowling pins 🤣🤷‍♀️ Drives me nuts!!
IMG_4472.jpeg

6 GLW's, 5 rose combs. Rosie has the only single comb. She thinks shes better because of it too. At night she marches back and forth on the roost daring anyone to jump up. When they do, she drops her head and runs at them like a line backer. They tumble like bowling pins 🤣🤷‍♀️ Drives me nuts!!
View attachment 3843209
She certainly has that "I'm in charge" look about her.

View attachment 3843209
I love the blue and green contrast with their feathers and red combs.

"In Albis" is her name. It's in Latin. She has a sister, Dominica. In the Catholic religion, there is a sunday known as "Dominica in Albis", or, "Sunday in White". One of my siblings name the two Dominiques "Dominica" and "In Albis". The name stuck.

Is your Dominique really into food? Mine is a lap chicken especially with food involved. Yours looks like a really sweet hen.
TY for info on the Latin :)

You have two Doms now?

Never had a bad temperament Dom. Over the years we've had 4 hens since chicks & all were outgoing unafraid people-friendly chicks, not shy to hop onto our lap whether we had treats or not, talkative, later had calm temperaments as adults.
DSCN8280.JPG
DSCN8424.JPG
DSCN8478.JPG

Dana is getting old and is our last remaining Dom. And she's picky about her food now :(.
DSCN1626.JPG

You have two Doms now?

Never had a bad temperament Dom. Over the years we've had 4 hens since chicks & all were outgoing unafraid people-friendly chicks, not shy to hop onto our lap whether we had treats or not, talkative, later had calm temperaments as adults. View attachment 3843244View attachment 3843245View attachment 3843249

Dana is getting old and is our last remaining Dom. And she's picky about her food now :(.
View attachment 3843268
She is beautiful.

View attachment 3843209
That’s hilarious. I didn’t know Gold Laced Wyandottes could have a single comb.

You have two Doms now?

Never had a bad temperament Dom. Over the years we've had 4 hens since chicks & all were outgoing unafraid people-friendly chicks, not shy to hop onto our lap whether we had treats or not, talkative, later had calm temperaments as adults. View attachment 3843244View attachment 3843245View attachment 3843249

View attachment 3843268
Yes, I have two.

Back
Top Bottom