Pictures of my Frizzles & Sizzles

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bleenie, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I was FINALLY able to get some decent pictures of almost everyone today. I am so happy for this nice weather lately!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plus, the new Standard Roo & his Leghorn Hen. Also Izzy standing watch over everyone. Just before this picture she alerted everyone to a hawk flying past.. was so funny when they all scattered like mice [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pat1297

pat1297 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2010
    orange park
    Uhhh, so cute. A very nice family of pets.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    wowwowo.. your first chicken is so pretty! [​IMG]

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Thank you! That is "Fro", she was my very first frizzled Sizzle to hatch & she is just a total sweetie. Little Froina right under her is going to be just adorable when she's full grown too, I can't wait!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'd be proud of those birds, too! I'm so embarrassed to have to ask this... but what is a Sizzle?

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Me Love your Sizzles/Frizzles etc! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

A Sizzle is a Silkie x Frizzle cross. They come in a lot of different "varities" but I prefer the Smooth ones, I just LOVE the roundy bodies with the big, full top hat! I had Silkies in the past & have a few now but I have always liked the regular cochins and smooth feathered birds better.. with these babies I get the best of both worlds! [​IMG] [​IMG]

The top 2 pictures are of Frizzled Sizzle girls but they didn't get the "top hat"/crest like the others so they will just be hanging out with the Splash Cochin roo next year.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by