Pictures of my Growing Flock! Victim of Chicken Math (PIC HEAVY)

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I haven't posted pictures for quite some time, and wanted to share my expanded flock. We moved to the country, and have been hatching left and right.
_MG_7801.jpg
Olive's babies are now 6 weeks old! She is letting go of them, but sometimes I catch them enjoying quality time.
_MG_7803.jpg
This one is definitely a rooster. No doubt in my mind!
_MG_7820.jpg
Inside the barn in the brooder we have: 10 silkies 16 barred babies (7 being barred rocks, 4 cochin x br, 2 SLW x BR, 2 Delaware x BR, 1 RSL x BR) 10 Naked Neck Turken chicks and 2 Buff Toulouse!
_MG_7841.jpg
Here is one of the two Delaware x BR - Actually has really nice barring. I can tell this one is from my Delware hen because we watched it hatch out of her egg (very easy to know her eggs - they are really dark) - and the head colouring is very obvious on this chick.
_MG_7849.jpg
We have maybe 3 silver coloured silkie chicks
_MG_7950.jpg
2 white silkie chicks
_MG_7817.jpg
1 blue (?) silkie chick
_MG_7944.jpg
1 blue sizzle chick :woot
d82a9814.jpg
Well I guess you can see all the colours here.
1f2824e5.jpg
Really, couldn't you just die? :love No.. Don't die yet.. You haven't seen the naked necks :gig
_MG_7983.jpg
_MG_7913.jpg
They make me smile :love
_MG_7912.jpg
And laugh :gig
_MG_7925.jpg
I bought them from Jamie Carson - He is a very reputable breeder - poultry judge. http://nsac.ca/alumni/profiles/2007/May/Jamie.asp He bred the green egg gene into these NN some five years ago. I can't wait!
_MG_7930.jpg
They are just so cute! lol
_MG_7955.jpg
Don't even get me started on the Buff Toulouse I got from him. I am in love. I really want to imprint on them, and it's going well so far. They enjoy being cuddled and do not run at all when I pet them. This is Tilly
_MG_7976.jpg
And Rosa (upfront) Tilly is behind her.
_MG_7946.jpg
At this point I realized I left the barn door open.. Jagger helped his girls to Clementine's bed. - Clem is our LGD puppy - growing like a weed!
_MG_6432.jpg
Right now she is being tied up.. She likes to run away :rolleyes:
_MG_8033.jpg
He's too sexy for his feathers.
_MG_8038.jpg
One of the barred rock chicks came to check out what all the fuss was about in the barn.
_MG_8045.jpg
One of the boys (?) followed.
_MG_8028.jpg
My unknown gender - could be either. Hoping pullet :fl
_MG_7883.jpg
Skittles Gigi
_MG_7885.jpg
Fern
_MG_7886.jpg
Willow
_MG_7875.jpg
Stanley
_MG_7858.jpg
Denny - the head hen
_MG_7869.jpg
George (the sizzle) has the hots for Honey (cochin)
_MG_7871.jpg
Rejected!
_MG_7873.jpg
The girls love Jagger
3f8dbc28.jpg
George
a6889159.jpg
You'd think we lacked nesting boxes.. :rolleyes: Right now we have two broody silkies - so after this next hatch, we won't have anymore silkie eggs to hatch :rant
_MG_8063.jpg
Thanks for looking! :D

Pretty! The delaware X barred rock is SO pretty! Are you keeping her? It'd be interesting to see how she feathers out! And the turkens OMG SO CUTE

Really nice looking birds. My favorites are the naked necks and the sizzle. You should post pics of your naked necks on the naked neck thread (breeds and genetics section).I just hatched eggs from a byc member(Dipsy Doodle Doo) who has bred in the frizzle and green egg gene into naked necks.She is working on a dark skinned naked neck.If you have not checked out this thread you should. Keep us updated with pics as your chicks grow(especially the naked necks
thumbsup.gif
)

Pretty! The delaware X barred rock is SO pretty! Are you keeping her? It'd be interesting to see how she feathers out! And the turkens OMG SO CUTE
Thanks!
b22ab0f8.jpg
Here it is at a few days old. He/she has the most unusual headpattern. The rest all look like regular barred chicks. I do think it may be a cockerel. The attitude is very out there.. If it is not obvious roo by June 3rd, I will keep it. We are going to sell any we aren't keeping at a poultry show on that day. :)
e66fce36.jpg

Really nice looking birds. My favorites are the naked necks and the sizzle. You should post pics of your naked necks on the naked neck thread (breeds and genetics section).I just hatched eggs from a byc member(Dipsy Doodle Doo) who has bred in the frizzle and green egg gene into naked necks.She is working on a dark skinned naked neck.If you have not checked out this thread you should. Keep us updated with pics as your chicks grow(especially the naked necks:thumbsup
Thank you very much! I just posted on that thread this morning :) I really can't wait to see what they look like feathered out. There are so many different colours. Right now there looks to be one white, one black, one is a chipmunk pattern (unsure what that will turn out to be), a few barred and a couple grey and yellow ones.

I will post pictures again for sure :D

Back
Top Bottom