Pictures of our Ladies

ksmama97

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 2, 2007
Kansas
I just wanted to share some pictures of the ladies.
smile.png

Sweetie (with Penny in the back)
sweetie.jpg

Sweetie, Turtle and Penny
stp.jpg

Sweetie perched in front with Buffy, Turtle and Penny in the back
ladies.jpg

Another picture of Penny and Sweetie
swepenn.jpg

Turtle and Sweetie are Barred Rocks and Penny and Buffy are Buff Orpingtons.

My 5 year old son named Turtle.
wink.png
My 8 year old daughter named Sweetie. I named Penny and Buffy was a joint effort. Her full name is "Buffy, the insect slayer"
gig.gif
wink.png

Sweetie was the smallest when we got them and so we thought she was the youngest. Guess not, because Penny was the last to get a red comb and she still hasn't laid an egg.
idunno.gif

Thanks for looking!
big_smile.png

I love to look at pictures of other people's chickens. I also love to take pictures of mine. Please look...

This is Queen Bea. She is my GLW. She is the boss around here.
QueenBea-1.jpg

This is Lurkey. He is my hubby's pet. He will follow us wherever we go and he loves to get cat food for a treat.
Lurkey.jpg

Opie the rooster & Penny.
OpiePenny.jpg

The gang. Turned out to be 3 boys and 1 girl. Bummer.
follow.jpg

Elvis. The hairdo says it all.
elvis.jpg

Okay, I've had it, I'm getting a tom turkey. I've always wanted one - I met one I just fell in love with. Now, I can only get one or two. I want toms only, and I want the possibility of the sweetest, dog- like turkeys I can find. They will be family pets and like our others, live for life with us. Breeds?
Breeders? ETC.

All beautiful birds but I agree that pic of Opie and Penny looks like a calendar shot. Love the Barred Rocks - may add that to my spring "wish" list of new chicks. My baby buffs are only 8 weeks but are getting big fast and are the most fearless free rangers we have.

Back
Top Bottom