Pictures of your CONTROLLED crosses.

pop.gif
Keep them coming. This is so interesting.
caf.gif

I found myself wondering the other day what my Welsummer roo paired with my light brahma hen would look like.

Thanks
big_smile.png

Here is another known cross

Daddy is dudley my (was suppose to be) brown/red cochin
10663_img_5614.jpg

Mama is isabelle buff brahma mix of some sort between a bantam and lf
10663_img_3736.jpg

end result is.... Ruby
big_smile.png

10663_img_7094.jpg

daddy is a frizzle
38176_orpingtons_006.jpg

mama is an oeg,and she's been siting on eggs for 6 days,what am i going to get????
hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

38176_batty.jpg

Hi! No pics 'cept old ones, but I just got my first 'for sure' egg from the next generation of my blue/splash Frizzled Naked Neck Green-Eggers. I was seeing random pulllet-sized blue-ish eggs around the yard, so I penned all my blue and splash Frizz Green-Egger girls (naked neck and feather neck) yesterday and had a lovely blue-green egg this morning.
Now, must decide who to pair with who --- some are bigger girls and some are smaller and some are red-skin and some are dark-skin.
smile.png

Lisa
edited to add pics:
Can't find parent pics, but here is a splash NNFGE girl;
17_62809_016.jpg

And both of these latest silkie-feathered green-egger girls do indeed lay green eggs:
17_62509_002.jpg

smile.png

Last edited:
I have tons of chickens i meant to cross but i have 2 cochins who really stand out.. Their father is a Partridge cochin (i couldnt keep him because saddly he did not get along with my other roo) and the mammas where buff cochins (i will have to post pics later)
They are turning out really cool, the have a partridge pattern but almost a buff looking feather with the darker lace on the end of the wing. Surprisingly enough their foster mom (the hen who hatched them out) was a partridge hen as well and i thought maybe i would get somewhat pure partridge cochins but come to find out she didnt want to lay her owne eggs and sit on them! But i am definatly happy with what i got. I will post some recent pics later as well.

Dad is a Buff Orpington
22798_scotch_bo_roo_8_mo_4-09.jpg

Mom is one of several EE (Dad in the background)
EEhensBoroowinter09.jpg

I hatched out 3 cockerels from this cross
BoxEE2roosandhen7wks.jpg

DSC_1476.jpg

DSC_1469.jpg

I bred one of them back to the original EE hens, but don't have pics yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom