Pictures of your CONTROLLED crosses.

Quote:
alright, I'm on my other account and now you can check my byc page. It talks all about the cross I am developing.

here are mine turken with white rock
38176_turkey_egg_011.jpg

mom white rock
38176_turkey_egg_010.jpg

offspring
38176_turkey_egg_012.jpg

next i dont know the breeds of these two but first
papa
38176_turkey_egg_006.jpg

mama
38176_turkey_egg_005.jpg

offspring
38176_turkey_egg_004.jpg

and if you know what kind the last two are let me know please.........pm

Quote:
That's a fun name to say
lol.png

Those hens look just like mine! I'm almost 100% positive my 3 hens who look sex-linkish, are BO x Barred rocks. Looked the same as babies in Rareroo's post, and as adults they look EXACTLY like the birds in Rareroo, Flora, AND 19hhbelgian's! I must take pictures tomorrow!
smile.png
The breeder I got the eggs from had BO's and BR's so it's very, very likely to be the same cross. So happy my mystery birds have been solved and now I can call them sex-links...and be right about it!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
That's a fun name to say
lol.png

Those hens look just like mine! I'm almost 100% positive my 3 hens who look sex-linkish, are BO x Barred rocks. Looked the same as babies in Rareroo's post, and as adults they look EXACTLY like the birds in Rareroo, Flora, AND 19hhbelgian's! I must take pictures tomorrow!
smile.png
The breeder I got the eggs from had BO's and BR's so it's very, very likely to be the same cross. So happy my mystery birds have been solved and now I can call them sex-links...and be right about it!
big_smile.png

It stands to reason that a BO over a BA would look pretty much like BO over a BR, at least in terms the pullets. Since only the boys would get the barring gene from their mother, the pullets would essentially be Buff over Black, and would probably look like those! Cool looking birds!

I love love love thsi thread!! Keep em coming and I'm gonna keep checking out these awesome pics! I love crosses of any kind, but the really oddball ones or the stragely colored one really are eye catching - some really beautiful birds!

6152_img_1186.jpg

white crested black roo and buff orpington hen made this pretty girl who is as crazy as her dad, and sold recently.

I did have a mixed rooster out of a japanese white roo and black cochin momma that turned out real pretty. Behind him you can see a white hen which has same dad, with a lavender cochin.
6152_img_1322.jpg

Last edited:
Ok... seems like ALL I'm doing is crossing chickens... I'm happy to contribute!

Toward the goal of the Gold Lace Project

Parents
glo-family12009.jpg

Babies
GLOfam1-buffchix.jpg
GLOFam1-cockerelB.jpg
GLOFam1-pullet.jpg

and recently at 6-7 months
GLOF2Fam3.jpg
pullet on the right
GLOF2Fam2.jpg
cockerel on the left
Next Generation scheduled to start hatching in a few weeks

Parents
glo-family22009.jpg
(not sure what happened when I uploaded that pic)
Babies
100_3028.JPG
100_3159.JPG

GLOFam2-cockerelfront.jpg
GLOFam2-pulletB.jpg

GLOF2Fam3.jpg
cockerel on the left
GLOF2Fam2.jpg
pullet on the right

Parents
Blue-7mos.jpg
101_2898.JPG

Baby
101_2594.JPG
GLO-chick-closeup3wks.jpg
100_3164.JPG

Here he is recently at nearly 1 year old
GLOF2Fam1.jpg
(she is the sister of the pullet shown in the 2nd grouping above)

Parents
black-orpington-rooster.jpg
101_2898.JPG

Baby
GLOFam1-chick.jpg
GLOfam1-darkchick10daysWings.jpg
GLOfam1blackchick5wks.jpg
100_3287.JPG

I didn't keep this guy, but I did get a picture of him just today!
smile.png
He looks about the same, just bigger.

ok whew! that's enough... I have a blue orp/black australorp boy too.. but he's just blue.. nothing fancy there.

I had a black banty cochin over a birchen jap hen and got thses:

28521_japcrosses.jpg

The roo ended up with gorgeous coloring, but the girl stayed solid black and was more "booted" Sold them a while back so no new pics.

I LOVE Orp crosses! Seems like they all inherit the big Orp shape.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom