Pictures of your favorite chickens!

This is my favorite roo- Buskshot
58026_dscf3265.jpg

And a chick we hatched about a week ago.Buckshot is it's daddy and mommy is a black giant we have named LuLu. Gonna name it coco,we don't know yet if it's a he or she lol. It has " dark chocolate" coloring.
58026_coco.jpg

I've only had my 8 for a few weeks, but from the start, Lucy, has been my favorite. She's very curious and always craning her neck to see what's going on.

56974_dscn1192.jpg

This is one of my bantam pairs; Blondie, my young Golden Duckwing Phoenix, and Jumper, who is probably an EE mutt. Jumper is so named because whenever i open their cage shes out of there immediately! These 2 are my favs though because they are so sweet and cooperative!
smile.png

So cute!
58371_chickens_pic_8.jpg
[/img]

My pics will consist of a phoenix hen and rooster, some cochins, a sebright and some EE's. The sebright is my fav out of all of them though. 26 pics. Here they are:

Picture031-2.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025-1.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture029-1.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture032-2.jpg

Picture008-3.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture035-1.jpg

Last edited:
Gimpy Girl was always my favorite. From the very beginning of my time with chickens that started a little over 4 years ago, she was always my number one girl. She was the first to greet me every morning, and the last one to say good night to me every evening. She spent many happy hours with me in the garden, right by my side, waiting for me to find some tasty morsel or another. Gimpy was the ONLY chicken ever allowed in the garden when it was in the seedling stage. Somehow she always understood intuitively that where I planted things was NOT an acceptable place for her to scratch and peck. She was the best little chicken friend a human could ever hope to have. I lost her to a murderous dog last autumn. I still miss her. Rest in Peace Gimpy Girl. I'll always love you and miss you.
love.gif

Adaywiththegirls052.jpg

I hatched out 18 chicks back in the beginning of March and have been blessed with two of the sweetest little cockerels! Today, Brutus and Chief are my special boys! I love them so much that I re-homed my beautiful rooster Griffin, just to make room for these two lovely boys. They're just as sweet as can be and always come running for cuddles and hugs any time they see me. Even though they're maturing into their rolls of co- flock masters, they've never forgotten their "momma" and how much I love them. They really are a pair to draw too!
lol.png

These pictures were taken almost 2 months ago and they've grown considerably since then. I really do need to get out there and take some new pictures, but the weather hasn't really been very cooperative around here this spring.
sad.png

This is Brutus. He has the craziest comb I've ever seen on a cockerel. Just another clear indicator that he's a mutt, but I love him anyway! He doesn't need to be all flashy for me. He has a huge chunk of my heart!
love.gif

022.jpg

And this is his brother and confidant Chief. Chief is the more vocal of the two boys and I've been sorely tempted to change his name to Babaloo on a number of occasions. When he crows, it sounds for all the world like he's saying "Baaabaaaloooo" just like Desi Arnez in an old "I Love Lucy" episode!
gig.gif
I always know when it's Chief crowing, even if I can't see him. His cry is so distinctive.

027-1.jpg

These two boys are absolutely united and loyal to each other. We have three other cockerels out of this hatch of 18. Big Red, Little Red and Cry Baby will be going to new homes soon. They simply refuse to get along with Brutus and Chief. They are a constant irritant to what would otherwise be a very harmonious flock!
smack.gif
So, new homes for them are on my list of things to do! Along with a list as long as my arm of other "Must Do" chores!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom