Piecing Quilt...my Iron QUIT! ( Top Complete! New Pic post 56!)

Quote:
The WHOLE weekend? She said she was taking a little break, not a vacation.
gig.gif

I think it was more than a week, wasn't it? I haven't looked up to see what day (or time) it is in awhile, LOL.

This machine is different. I don't see anywhere in the manual, or on the machine for that matter, about any oil needed. So far, it's been great. I have made so many quilts already that I wouldn't have been able to if I was still trying to hand piece everything. Is there a use for all these empty thread spools?

My sister saves empty spools for a friend of hers that uses them in some crafty way, but I don't know what exactly it is.

I have to make a baby quilt, and I think I will use that pattern you found, the Jewel Box lap quilt. I like that.

They are both lovely - I really like that royal blue color on the second one- my cousin quilts and falls flat on her back at the end of a project, so I think you deserve to take as long as you want- weekend, smeekend, take the rest of the month if you like!

Well, it looks great from a distance, LOL. I'm sure it will need some shoring up on some of the seams. It's my curse that I pin and check and re-check and still, a seam will miss catching the fabric on the bottom. I end up going back, un-sewing and re-sewing all the time.
roll.png
The fabrics were in a kit so I can't take credit for choosing them on this one.

Quote:
Might check inside the bobbin casing area under the feed dogs of your machine to see if the fibers from all your sewing has accumulated and made felt. Use tweezers to pull it out or try blowing it out with one of those compressed air cans from a sewing shop. That "felt" can cause your thread to skip on the bottom. It is sometimes hard to see unless you are looking for it. I have to clear mine at least every three months if I do a lot of sewing.

The quilts look great!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom