Pied and Magpie Call ducklings! Cutness overload!!

bemba

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Mary Valley QLD.
Hi all, well wayback when I wanted to develop a line of pied and magpie Call ducks as there were none available in Australia.... All I could find to work with were huge pied indian runners and indian runner crosses, So I decided to give it a go. Well I'm absolutely over the moon with the results of my latest hatch..... all these years of selective breeding trials and tribulations has paid off. Latest hatch I have pied and magpie (ancona ) colored Calls!!! They could very well be the first to be bred in Australia
ya.gif
But like all Calls in Australia they need fine tuning... none the less they are so striking and beautiful :D.

Here are mum and dad, they are quite tiny and I'm pretty proud of what they look like compared to what I started with.

Here is mum with the kids, I can't believe how many colors they produced!

All the kids now safe inside the house in a brooder, I felt mean but they are too precious to take chances with.

How cute am I?? This one is probably my favourite (for now)

Blue magpie :D

Not sure on the colours of these 2, magpie on left, pied on right.

Black pied.

And a couple of blue pieds like mum and dad! Can't wait until they are fully feathered!

Makes it evenmore exciting when you get colours you have been trying to breed for so long... now to fast forward 6 months LOL.

The kids enjoyed their first swim, they are growing very quickly and I'm cleaning their tub 3 times a day!! Hurry and grow a bit so I can put you outside :p I do enjoy the hands on though... when they are left with mum you cant get so up close and personal with them.

The kids enjoyed their first swim, they are growing very quickly and I'm cleaning their tub 3 times a day!! Hurry and grow a bit so I can put you outside :p I do enjoy the hands on though... when they are left with mum you cant get so up close and personal with them.
They are so precious, what is that they are swimming in?

Hi all, well wayback when I wanted to develop a line of pied and magpie Call ducks as there were none available in Australia.... All I could find to work with were huge pied indian runners and indian runner crosses, So I decided to give it a go. Well I'm absolutely over the moon with the results of my latest hatch..... all these years of selective breeding trials and tribulations has paid off. Latest hatch I have pied and magpie (ancona ) colored Calls!!! They could very well be the first to be bred in Australia
ya.gif
But like all Calls in Australia they need fine tuning... none the less they are so striking and beautiful :D.

Here are mum and dad, they are quite tiny and I'm pretty proud of what they look like compared to what I started with.

Here is mum with the kids, I can't believe how many colors they produced!

All the kids now safe inside the house in a brooder, I felt mean but they are too precious to take chances with.

How cute am I?? This one is probably my favourite (for now)

Blue magpie :D

Not sure on the colours of these 2, magpie on left, pied on right.

Black pied.

And a couple of blue pieds like mum and dad! Can't wait until they are fully feathered!
thumbsup.gif
Adorable and congrats!! They are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom