Pied gene in chickens?

How many breeds IS she :th I seriously doubt that

My first thought when I saw the notification this morning! lol

tumblr_lpmwf1gzwu1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

I'm not saying that this is proof by any means, but this is what I got from a campine/fayoumi over a brown leghorn/ancona. The brown leghorn that was used was a little suspect so take that how you will. This cockerel is slowly losing more white as it gets older. This seems to support the whole mottling and pied gene being the same thing instead of separate. This is the only chick I have had like this, and I may be wrong in my assumptions about how the genetics at play are working. Is this what yall are talking about?

Attachments

• 20210414_170937.jpg
    20210414_170937.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210414_170947.jpg
    20210414_170947.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 11
I'm not saying that this is proof by any means, but this is what I got from a campine/fayoumi over a brown leghorn/ancona. The brown leghorn that was used was a little suspect so take that how you will. This cockerel is slowly losing more white as it gets older. This seems to support the whole mottling and pied gene being the same thing instead of separate. This is the only chick I have had like this, and I may be wrong in my assumptions about how the genetics at play are working. Is this what yall are talking about?
It’s not uncommon for regular mottled chicks to have large white patches at first. Once they get in their adult feathering, their mottling is normal.
Though that chick can’t be a mix of those breeds, as it has a rose comb. All those breeds have single combs so can’t create a rose combed chick.

It’s not uncommon for regular mottled chicks to have large white patches at first. Once they get in their adult feathering, their mottling is normal.
Though that chick can’t be a mix of those breeds, as it has a rose comb. All those breeds have single combs so can’t create a rose combed chick.
That might be a bad picture, but it has a single comb. It does split at the back like a "kings/carnation" comb or whatever they call it. That came from the original fayoumi, but I don't know of anyone touting pure egyptian fayoumis. It was hard enough to look at the initial batch before purchasing. I will try to get a picture of the comb before the sun goes down. Just being honest here, but I have no clue where that bird sleeps at night.

That might be a bad picture, but it has a single comb. It does split at the back like a "kings/carnation" comb or whatever they call it. That came from the original fayoumi, but I don't know of anyone touting pure egyptian fayoumis. It was hard enough to look at the initial batch before purchasing. I will try to get a picture of the comb before the sun goes down. Just being honest here, but I have no clue where that bird sleeps at night.
But looking at that picture has me second guessing myself.. I might be losing my mind..

Update when the chick gets older?

Is this chick of first generation?

Back
Top Bottom