piercings and tattoos for them or against them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It says in the Bible not to tatoo or cut your flesh.

That certainly is something to celebrate! I have a very dear friend who is a pastor and she has several tattoos all depicting important events or emotions in her life. I like it when tattoos have meanings and a story behind them. Other than the needle part, that is probably why I don't have one...yet. I'd want my tattoo to have meaning since it's going to be on there for the rest of my life
smile.png

Quote:

It also says to do a lot of things that are worse than getting some ink.

Quote:

Hi... I appreciate your comments and I did a lot of praying and counseling when I came up with the idea. I came to my decision based on the considerations encapsulated in this article. The bible refers to particular practices of that age... pagan practices that required the cutting of flesh and tattooing related to the dead. In context it is not against tattoos in general but against tattoos related to these pagan religious practices. My tattoo has nothing to to do with ancient pagan practices related to the dead. I was also asked to examine my motivation for doing it. I did it because I love Jesus with my whole heart and I am grateful for all that God has done for me through His Son. It is a relatively small tattoo on my right shoulder.... no one can see it unless I wear something that bares my shoulders. To be honest with you the only time it is seen in public is in the summer when my husband and I are riding our motorcycle and I have a tank top on... and as it turns out it has born good fruits... there are many bad tattoos .... what I would call evil... mine has actually started conversations about Christ and lead people to pray with me... in that world there is a lot of darkness and many people in need of light... THE Light... Context is so very important... We see in Leviticus the admonition about the cutting of flesh but yet what is the sign of the covenant that God Makes with Abraham... the cutting of flesh... I really do appreciate your taking the time to point that out and I respect your understanding... I just don't think the bible is as clear on the issue as you do... and that is ok!!! God bless!

http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/f/tattoochristian.htm

The Bible also says to burn a bull on the alter to create a pleasing scent to the Lord. In today's world, I've yet to meet anyone who follows exactly what the Bible says. So don't pick and choose what to follow.

Scanned through all the replies.

For or against. After thinking it over waivering betwext not giving a hoot to no way.

Plain and simple, I'm old time real old time. In my youth the only people thathad VISIBLE tatoo were carnies and such. My dad has one on his left deltoid muscle a globe and anchor. I guess from 1943-46 he earned it.

Me I keep coming back to the what ifs.
What if I needed a lawyer looked him up in the yellow pages called made an apt walk in and he has so many peircings in his head it looks like he fell face first into a tackle box.

Or ladies---

How about your ob/gyn? Your in the stirrups and your brand new ob/gyn shows up with an eight ball tattooed on one hand and a skull and cross bones on the other, with a china man character tattooed on his neck. And let's add a bone through the nose for good measure.

Fact is we all judge on appearance and first impressions are very important.

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd say we all do....some do for sure, but not all. I don't judge people because they have tattoos or piercings or the color of their hair or the clothes they wear. I love it when people express their individuality plus it's a great conversation starter!

My DH has 2 half sleeves. One is 2 wolves in a grove of trees, mountains behind them and the sunrise.
The other is bass fish under water with a raging thunderstorm above. They are both very beautiful pics.
Over his heart he has 2 wolves and it says Soul Mates, that represents us.
And on his back calf he has a pic of our Pitt Mercury.
You cant see my DH's in his normal everyday clothing.
I personally dont have any, but I am a 50 yr old Grandma to 3 and I have had my belly peirced for years.
hu.gif
Go figure. That kinda freaks them out in the hospital because I always forget to take it out before surgery.
lau.gif

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd say we all do....some do for sure, but not all. I don't judge people because they have tattoos or piercings or the color of their hair or the clothes they wear. I love it when people express their individuality plus it's a great conversation starter!

I love it too. If my doctor walked in like that, first i would laugh hysterically, (not at him for looking weird but for breaking the mold. It would be a joyous laugh. I tend to laugh when I find something amazing or wonderful) then I would chat about it with her/him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom