Pig feeder

That looks like an awesome idea! Do you think the goats will jump on it and catapult over the fence? I am afraid that mine would, they are such stinkers.

I was thinking about the goats so I planning to put a piece of roofing across the two posts.

Not to worried about rain, most of what I feed is wet because of the buttermilk. The barrel will prevent large amounts of water accumulating.

I have 6 goats. My does are Spanish/kiko, boer/kiko and sannen. Then I have three bucklings. A 75% kiko/boer that I'm going to use to breed and the 2 kids from my spanish/kiko. She was crossed to a 7/8 kiko.

No problems with them and the pigs. When the kids were born I kept them separated for a few weeks.

Just wondering, do you have issues with the goat and pigs in the same area? I just fenced a 100' pasture area that is partially in the woods. My first thought was pigs only, as I have heard goats and pigs do not get along. I have a single shelter 8'X8', but could make another. I want both critters, and sharing a space would be ideal.

I love this! Such a wonderful idea, I know how it can be to fight off hungry critters. I think I may add this on the list of things to do for spring, this could be wonderful for my goats:)

Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom