Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
Hope I can’t share this.. Here is the Almond Horseman Pouter cock..

13472FB7-145A-428D-9FAB-58FCAA809C4A.jpeg

@biophiliac i did notice that at the pigeon show. They would have a metal stick and place the birds in 1 by 1 cubes and then poke and get it to reposition. Judging was an extremely fun part of the show.

Have you all seen baldhead rollers? They are a show vareity only and they are so pretty.

And in my opinion, barbs are not very atractive at all. Especially in person.

Another breed i wanted was fantails but in person they all looked sick, miserable, and inbred. But that is likely because they are kept in tiny cages prior to the show so they dont mess up their tail.

Another breed i wanted was fantails but in person they all looked sick, miserable, and inbred. But that is likely because they are kept in tiny cages prior to the show so they dont mess up their tail.

I liked them at first but then realized that they have been bred to hold their heads SO far back it just looks uncomfortable and isn't a look that I like :(

An example:

3ba6126b0a47635bef803d2744f9a47f--fantail-pigeon-blue-bar.jpg

I was planning to get fantails when I ended up with the parlor rollers. The fantails held their tails almost horizontal! It obscured the whole bird, and just looked so...wrong. After seeing those in person, I opted for the rollers instead.

Now the ones in the video that Bio posted, that didn’t stand so awkwardly were much more desirable to me.

Back
Top Bottom