Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
:yesss: My set up will work! Thank you! I was starting to worry that it might not. It's my only option :D. I plan to get some newly paired birds as soon as they are available from this breeder we'r looking at. That might not be till the spring though :(. I'm trying to figure out the housing as soon as possible. I don't want to be the new owner that goes out to the mail one day and finds some pigeons in the mail with no house for them. I've had that happen before, but with chickens. Had to drive for almost an hour and a half one day to get a coop off Craigslist to keep my new birds in :D.

:yesss: My set up will work! Thank you! I was starting to worry that it might not. It's my only option :D. I plan to get some newly paired birds as soon as they are available from this breeder we'r looking at. That might not be till the spring though :(. I'm trying to figure out the housing as soon as possible. I don't want to be the new owner that goes out to the mail one day and finds some pigeons in the mail with no house for them. I've had that happen before, but with chickens. Had to drive for almost an hour and a half one day to get a coop off Craigslist to keep my new birds in :D.
I'm that way too, I want the bird house before the birds! lol I started the loft in July and it has taken so long to finish, I don't know if I will find 'squeakers'(young birds) before spring. :(
Keep us posted on your progress.:D

pigeon-shoes-japanese-woman-1.jpg

http://www.boredpanda.es/zapatos-pa...cebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=gutenberg

:caf Read ALL the posts and, here is the WARNING.. :gigI'm Joining. :highfive:
This is a good informative thread for all of us to share whatever and not specific to a certain issue.
I'm considering building a stand alone coop like you have. Am trying to control dust output when they are inside my garage loft. Also considering redoing my chicken coop, to slightly larger. Not really expecting to increase chicken numbers, :lau,,,,,,,,,,, OK but only about 2 or 4. :oops:

Just got done cleaning out my pigeon loft it is -9ºC or 16ºF which ever you prefer.
These feed bags line my nest boxes just flexed them over the coop floor and installed them in the pigeon nest boxes. With a couple of these bulldog clips to hold them in place.
Lifted out my 8'x12' tarp and flexed that over next years tomato patch. Replaced it with tarp #2. I will hose tarp #1 off this spring of a few stubborn spots when it is time to repeat the process.

All done in less than an hour. EASY PEASY JAPANEASY.

bull dog clip.jpe Feed Bag.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom