Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
Checked on my pigeons this morning. It was 16º F. One bird gave up the ghost. It looked liked it starved to death. I am thinking it may have ingested wood pellets that I have began to use for floor bedding. I will begin to investigate when I have more time.
Lack of food I assure you is not the problem.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

Im not getting alerts again..:th

If you have difficulty in finding white pigeons I can suggest this.
View attachment 1596392
It comes recommended!!
:gig:lau:gig
I don’t think I ever paid much attention to feral pigeons before I got into them. I was at Rural King last week, leaving and drove past a small flock in the parking lot. I was shocked to see an almost all white one! I wanted to try to catch it. :gig
Ikr?? Ive done the same..:lau
@cavemanrich - I think I'm on the same page as you re ferals. Loper likes the buffet for sure and always has a full crop at roost time. I think he also sees the advantage of living in a 'gated community' where the rif-raf like raptors are excluded.:lol:
Smart bird!! :yesss:
That’s cool!
X2
I ordered some of those plastic snap bands. Tried using my dremel with a fine tip, and carved my phone number in the band, then rubbed it with sharpie marker. The marker stuck to the number and wiped off the flat surface.
This was just a test, and pretty crude looking, but I might try a few more, I’m sure I can do it more neatly. Lol
View attachment 1596702
Nice job! Id engrave my own finger if I tried that..:oops:
Checked on my pigeons this morning. It was 16º F. One bird gave up the ghost. It looked liked it starved to death. I am thinking it may have ingested wood pellets that I have began to use for floor bedding. I will begin to investigate when I have more time.
Lack of food I assure you is not the problem.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
Oh no..:hit
I hope you figure out what happend for sure..:fl:hugs

I had to look close, about 3:20 it does look like he takes a feather an sets it off to the side. Maybe just a loose one from molting?:confused: What good eyes you have!:lol:
I wonder why he set it aside so nicely.
Wouldn't one just drop it? :lau

@Hokum Coco I am sorry to hear of the bird you lost recently. I haven't put down the pellets yet bc it's still warm enough here to scrape but I will be very interested to know of any conclusions you come to. I see where they could be ingested. Did you check the crop of your dead bird for evidence of this?
ps- I can't find your post on this so i'm just commenting here. :)

Back
Top Bottom