Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
Pigeon keeping in the city...

I'll sit down and watch these in a bit. I had a quick scan looks interesting. Grinders and welders, love 'em!
In Brooklyn I think most coops are rooftop. His roof is pretty small compared to others I've seen....
I've seen this. He has some lovely birds.

@biophiliac Are you covered in snow there now?
If so...do you do anything different for your birds in the winter...add heat?
No extra heat is needed. I take out water twice a day cause it freezes. And I have to wait til it gets close to 30° to scrape the poop bc Its frozen solid. We have had little snow this year, getting 3-6 inches now though. Its also been relatively mild so far, but we are expecting below zero temps in the next few days. Looking forward to longer days!:)
Tried to get you a pic of the fresh snow...its pretty dark.:hmm
P1010720.JPG

Here's a pile from when I shoveled a path to the street for Tucker...
P1010721.JPG

No extra heat is needed. I take out water twice a day cause it freezes. And I have to wait til it gets close to 30° to scrape the poop bc Its frozen solid. We have had little snow this year, getting 3-6 inches now though. Its also been relatively mild so far, but we are expecting below zero temps in the next few days. Looking forward to longer days!:)
Tried to get you a pic of the fresh snow...its pretty dark.:hmm
View attachment 1650321

Here's a pile from when I shoveled a path to the street for Tucker...View attachment 1650322
:th

No extra heat? I guess my birds have it pretty lucky. The coldest they'll ever see is a 30 deg night. And that may only happen once or twice a year.
I feel bad for mine today, we are looking at record breaking low temps of -27 and -29 over the next 2 nights... and high daytime temps still way below zero.:hit I admit I would like to give them a little warmth but all I can provide is draft free. They should be okay with some extra food and water:fl

Nice BBC clip on ferals

We got down to 1°F
I feel bad for mine today, we are looking at record breaking low temps of -27 and -29 over the next 2 nights... and high daytime temps still way below zero.:hit I admit I would like to give them a little warmth but all I can provide is draft free. They should be okay with some extra food and water:fl

Nice BBC clip on ferals

Good grief that’s cold. :hugs
We’ve been in the teens and even below, for short times. Mine are out of most wind on the roosts, but still not completely. They could go inside, but so far, they are all still sleeping on the outside roosts. Even Bugsy! lol (I think mom and dad ran her out, as they appear to be considering another round of squabs)

The video was neat. Especially interesting that he thinks they choose mates that look different than themselves!

Nice BBC clip on ferals
Wow that's cold! Is that in F or C? Either way ccoolllddd!
We got down to 1°F

Good grief that’s cold. :hugs
We’ve been in the teens and even below, for short times. Mine are out of most wind on the roosts, but still not completely. They could go inside, but so far, they are all still sleeping on the outside roosts. Even Bugsy! lol (I think mom and dad ran her out, as they appear to be considering another round of squabs)

The video was neat. Especially interesting that he thinks they choose mates that look different than themselves!
Poor old Bugsy! At least she has loads of new friend's!
Looks like pigeon math in full swing! Are you going to let them keep the eggs if they do?

Back
Top Bottom