Pigeon Fanciers

I have raised pigeons all my life. I like the flying breeds the best. I have racing homers, Tipplers and am now working with the flying pouter breeds. They sure are fun to watch in the air.

Quote:
Do you have any pictures of those Lahores? I've got a pair, and I was hoping to get a few more. The male is a big lavender and his hen is black
smile.png

I may be able to help you out with the Indian fantails and Ringnecks. Both breeds of mine are pure white. But, I only have one pair of each raising at the moment
sad.png
So maybe later on this year, if you're interested.

I have eight fantails that a cousin gave me last year. They are less work than chickens but I like chickens too. Just have too many now.
He said he was gonna bring me some fantails and I told him I had no room for but one more pair and I would like too have only white ones and he said the guy will make him take more than one pair and he was bringing them too me. I sure hope not cause I have no room for them.

Mary,

I can try to get more pics of the Lahores. This month they surprised me, 2 different pairs each had a baby....1 from my blue/black pair and 1 from my cream/khaki pair----CAN'T WAIT to see what colors the babies turn out to be!

I've been thinking of getting a pair of some other breed to add to the loft, just for fun....I love the Indian Fantails, but lately I've been drawn to some of the different looking birds...like Capuchines or Nuns. Are those good parents?

My favorite Cream Lahore hen:
10148_lahore_hens.jpg

I lost her in a predator attack last year, but fortunately I have her son----who looks just like her, and I have him with this khaki hen....I am hoping to produce more of the cream color.

khaki hen:
10148_khaki_hen1.jpg

Take Care,
Bill.

Last edited:
Bill
Your Lahores are great!!
I just recently saw some in person and I really feel the need to have a pair
But right now I have to wait for our loft to get finished
I'm pushing my luck with my white homers ,frillbacks and pair of white fantails.
I'm in the market for a white frillback male if any one knows of one for sale

Becky
I read your your post on the Pigeon Talk forum also
You have alot of knowledge about the pigeon world
Melia

Melia,

Hey there, Thank You! :)

Wish I could help you with the Frillbacks. I know of a friend who raises some, in Kentucky I think, but she said she has had rotten luck with getting them to breed and raise their young...so I'm not sure if she even has any young at all available---or what colors. But if I hear of any I will let you know.

Take Care,
Bill.

The French Maldaines I got six months ago finally had thier first hatch after three no-goes attempts. This is my first one too.

Is there anything different that I should be feeding at this time?

The new one now makes seven pigeons I have for fun. Three French Maldaines, two Old English Carriers and two Magpies. The Carriers and Magpies love flying around the ranch.

33782_dsc01223_c.jpg

33782_dsc00658_c.jpg

My pigeons are mainly just a hobby, I have a mixed flock of rollers and some white homers.

I did butcher some for a native Nigerian who was staying over here for a couple years, he really loved his pigeon meat. I was talking to him about it after church once and a lady over heard and she said 'Pigeon?! I only eat chicken and turkey!' She had a slight fit needless to say.

I also show some at local 4-H shows and have done pretty well.

I'm really liking those feathered feet on the Lahores though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom