Pigeon newbies

calicocows

Crowing
Mar 14, 2023
Virginia
Hello! I'm interested in maybe getting a pet pigeon or two but im not sure what i need to know or where to start. I'm getting quail as my intro birds because I can't have chickens but I'm familiar with quail and chicken care for reference. I think pigeons are very cute but don't know much about them.

ive fallen in love with satinettes and i think my quail setup could work for pigeons. If im only getting 2, should i get a male and female?

that said, i may rescue

can you cohabitate pigeons and quails? will they get along ok? could i get just one pigeon if its interacting with both me and the quail?

Last edited:
ive fallen in love with satinettes and i think my quail setup could work for pigeons. If im only getting 2, should i get a male and female?

that said, i may rescue

can you cohabitate pigeons and quails? will they get along ok? could i get just one pigeon if its interacting with both me and the quail?
I don’t know how quail and pigeons get along, but you would need to be interacting with a single pigeon a lot to keep them from being lonely. A quail isn’t really a good substitute for another pigeon. Do your quail live inside?

I don’t know how quail and pigeons get along, but you would need to be interacting with a single pigeon a lot to keep them from being lonely. A quail isn’t really a good substitute for another pigeon. Do your quail live inside?
ok! 2 pigeons it is then :)
I dont have any quail yet but my hope is to build an outdoor aviary for them. ive heard they make a great cleanup crew for other birds' spilled seed as well

Back
Top Bottom