Pigeon Questions

Lol, yeah, as it is, I have a folded towel under the cage so it doesn't scratch and have the plastic liner down in the bottom to minimize moisture getting to the dresser... I think there might be some poop on the wall though... :oops:
Yeah, been there with my pet rats ...no matter how careful you are, some poop gets on the wall!:D. Do you have a shower stall that you could put him in with his bath pan ?
eta, was wondering if his wing is still not quite healed. They do use their wings a lot when bathing.:confused:

Yeah, been there with my pet rats ...no matter how careful you are, some poop gets on the wall!:D. Do you have a shower stall that you could put him in with his bath pan ?
eta, was wondering if his wing is still not quite healed. They do use their wings a lot when bathing.:confused:
I put him and a pan of water in my (empty) bathtub, he didn't want to have anything to do with it, I managed to get him in the water, but he just stood there and then perched on the side of the pan. He can keep the wing closed on his own now, but it won't fully open, it opens enough he can ninja chop me, but not a full spread so I think he has enough mobility to take a proper bath.
I will just give him a bath tonight and leave him in the bathtub with a heater in the bathroom so he can dry without getting chilled. (we have the AC on in the house but not in the room he lives in)

I put him and a pan of water in my (empty) bathtub, he didn't want to have anything to do with it, I managed to get him in the water, but he just stood there and then perched on the side of the pan. He can keep the wing closed on his own now, but it won't fully open, it opens enough he can ninja chop me, but not a full spread so I think he has enough mobility to take a proper bath.
I will just give him a bath tonight and leave him in the bathtub with a heater in the bathroom so he can dry without getting chilled. (we have the AC on in the house but not in the room he lives in)
:thumbsup

I think I saw somewhere where they used Adam flea and tick shampoo (Which contains permethryn) in a forced bath for external parasites... I'll see if I can find the link.:D

... bath part is just over 4 mins in.

If he wasn't in a cage inches from a plaster wall and on top of an antique dresser in a carpeted room I would give him the option to bathe in there, but, any number of people would lynch me if my "sky rat" soaked the wall or dresser.

Haha, understood.... because they do splish splash while they take a bath, without a doubt. Sometimes my homers do it so vigorously that there ends up being no water left in the bath.

OK, I gave him a bath with borax water and he was NOT happy... but I got him pretty well soaked...

Now, how skinny are these guys supposed to be? When I got him wet, his keep bone actually stuck out past the wet feathers... he will be getting 24 hour a day food over the weekend, but should i go ahead and start that now to get some weight back on him?

OK, I gave him a bath with borax water and he was NOT happy... but I got him pretty well soaked...

Now, how skinny are these guys supposed to be? When I got him wet, his keep bone actually stuck out past the wet feathers... he will be getting 24 hour a day food over the weekend, but should i go ahead and start that now to get some weight back on him?
I don't think it would hurt. If you think he is skinny he probably is.:D
Try more peanuts.;)

Back
Top Bottom