Pigeon suggestions

Birdsarelife

Chirping
Mar 11, 2024
Colorado
Hi I’m looking for some pigeon breed suggestions to buy? And about the breed. I would love to hear your stories and to see some of y’all’s pigeons! Pictures are very welcome! I have been looking to buy a quieter breed? Any suggestions?? Thanks!❤️❤️

The breed you should get depends on what you’re looking to get out of pigeons. There are cute petite breeds and large, heavy-bodies ones. Some have fancy feathering and others are plain Jane. I think most of the fancy breeds are well suited as pets.
Most pigeons have similar noise levels. I’ve kept giant runts and racing homers, the runts are larger and a bit louder. The cocks make more noises than the hens and more often, but I have some hens that are pretty noisy.

I find that the booming calls the cocks (and sometimes the hens) make inside the nest box travel the farthest. Just a repetitive baritone hooo-ing. It’s nothing compared to chickens for example, but something to consider for apartment living/loft placement.

Attachments

• IMG_6074.jpeg
    IMG_6074.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6284.jpeg
    IMG_6284.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
The breed you should get depends on what you’re looking to get out of pigeons. There are cute petite breeds and large, heavy-bodies ones. Some have fancy feathering and others are plain Jane. I think most of the fancy breeds are well suited as pets.
Most pigeons have similar noise levels. I’ve kept giant runts and racing homers, the runts are larger and a bit louder. The cocks make more noises than the hens and more often, but I have some hens that are pretty noisy.

I find that the booming calls the cocks (and sometimes the hens) make inside the nest box travel the farthest. Just a repetitive baritone hooo-ing. It’s nothing compared to chickens for example, but something to consider for apartment living/loft placement.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom