Pigeon Talk

or this. They are generous and offer complementary free shipping :thumbsup
View attachment 2185491
@cavemanrich I think I know how you will react as you are an ally of the ferals … so my bachelor cock birds were able to lure a Chase Lumber flock hen over and into Dragon Loft yesterday evening, at least I think its a hen and a young one too. They won't be flying today due to heavy rain so she'll have another day to decide if she likes it here. They were out getting a shower when I snapped these pics for you. She's the dark check, very sultry. :D
WIN_20200609_16_12_41_Pro.jpg

@cavemanrich I think I know how you will react as you are an ally of the ferals … so my bachelor cock birds were able to lure a Chase Lumber flock hen over and into Dragon Loft yesterday evening, at least I think its a hen and a young one too. They won't be flying today due to heavy rain so she'll have another day to decide if she likes it here. They were out getting a shower when I snapped these pics for you. She's the dark check, very sultry. :D
View attachment 2185665
Cool! Just imagine how many males you would get if you had a mostly hen flock! How many of each gender do you have?

They won't be flying today due to heavy rain so she'll have another day to decide if she likes it here.
Great Housing,,,, Plenty of Food,,,,,,Great Baths,,,,, Great company,,, I think will decide to move in:fl
If she does fly out,,, and not immediately (that day) return,, I think a few days away, and return very likely:thumbsup

What did I do wrong?

I had 10 young birds, that I raised myself. they had loft flown 8-12 times. I took them on their first tiss, where I take all my birds for There first toss, 1\2 a mile away. This is just to give them the idea of how it do it. I released them, they circled as a group, and we headed jome. Waited and waited. It's a day later, and I got one bird back. What happened? did I rush them? I was watching the sky like a hawk, and it as perfectly clear, so I doubt I missed an 'overfly'.if

the one I got back is apparently the best bird. But every single one I tossed had bloodline proven 600 miles. some had the famous "720" blood in them. I'm not saying that my birds can't get lost because their good, but more rollers would have made it back from that distance then what I have gotten back.

I'm sorry that happened BP. I hope and think you will get some more of them back, since I had my whole flock disappear and even though I gave up after 2 weeks without any sign of them I did end up getting a call and got one of them back.

I think whatever happened, that it probably was not your fault. :hugs Maybe bad weather conditions? I've read stories about races where the vast majority of all the birds entered mysteriously never made it back.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that happened BP. I hope and think you will get some more of them back, since I had my whole flock disappear and even though I gave up after 2 weeks without any sign of them I did end up getting a call and got one of them back.

I think whatever happened, that it probably was not your fault. :hugs Maybe bad weather conditions? I've read stories about races where the vast majority of all the birds entered mysteriously never made it back.
It as ideal if you asked me... Clear skies, few clouds, and a tail wind. But, there's a lot we have yet to find out about how they find their way home. I'll just keep striving for better birds!

I d id lose some awesome colors. 2 with white flights, one red check, and 2 chocolates. Not to mention a superb blue check that I thought was going to be my future breeding stock!
IMG_20200608_133834.jpg
IMG_20200608_133600.jpg
IMG_20200427_143003.jpg
IMG_20200608_133759.jpg
IMG_20200527_170123.jpg

What keeps crossing my mind, and troubling as well,,, and nothing we can do to change it at this time.:he
Maybe the interference of microwaves that are ever-present in our developed areas are a BIG factor in pigeon navigation. :idunno This is not MY THEORY, but has been circulated as an idea throughout this whole pigeon forum threads.
BP,, I know that my loft flying pigeons would travel the 1/2 mile distance (away from loft) in their daily exercise flying.
I also know that on occasion, a group of my pigeons sitting, and just chilling on the rooftop would be attacked by a HAWK. :hit The flock would disperse immediatly, and I did not ever see a capture, BUT,,,,,,,,, after every one of these instances, a couple/ few would be missing and did not return. If hawk was successful at capture,, then it would only have gotten ONE PIGEON.:old WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST .. I still have no answer. Only suspect that the trauma sent them in directions unknown flying for their lives.:(
BP, :hugs for some reason, I get a feeling that you will get a few more of them back. Ether return on their own, or someone will contact you with " pigeon found"

Back
Top Bottom