Pigeon Talk

Attachments

• 9FAE41DF-96BF-4D18-BDD5-983E68F8807A.jpeg
    9FAE41DF-96BF-4D18-BDD5-983E68F8807A.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 4
Ten days old! Banded them today. In the middle of trying to band the second chick I noticed a HUGE wolf spider lurking on the wall of the loft. So I panicked and tried to band the baby quickly so I could go get something to squish it...and I put the band on 'upside down' from the way I usually like them. Oh well, lol, not gonna redo it.

nn pigeon chick 10 days old.jpg

They are both Reds. They'll be carrying yellow though, so if I get them paired up to a Yellow or to another yellow carrier, they'll make yellow chicks.

Ten days old! Banded them today. In the middle of trying to band the second chick I noticed a HUGE wolf spider lurking on the wall of the loft. So I panicked and tried to band the baby quickly so I could go get something to squish it...and I put the band on 'upside down' from the way I usually like them. Oh well, lol, not gonna redo it.

View attachment 2740547

They are both Reds. They'll be carrying yellow though, so if I get them paired up to a Yellow or to another yellow carrier, they'll make yellow chicks.
Congrats!! but ... Did you have to kill the spider?
:)

View attachment 2740547

That's a well fed squab.

Congrats!! but ... Did you have to kill the spider?
:)

Yes I did, lol. They scare me and I don't need it crawling around in there or on me when I'm doing bird chores, lol. They're HUGE too.

That's a well fed squab.

Yes, both of them are like that. The parents sure are doing a good job keeping them fed, haha.

Back
Top Bottom