Pigeon Talk

IDK, Can you get a photo? I think I remember noticing the pins for the primary flights seemed to come in at an odd angle at first on some...but grew into place just fine. Is it a small curl at the tip of the wing that you are seeing?

I’ll check it again tomorrow and see how it looks. It wasn’t what I see as typical angel wing in ducks, but it was hanging out a little away from the body. I smoothed it back against her body, and she seemed to hold it in ok. It may have just been where momma was standing next to her and fluffed it out kinda awkward. I’ll get a pic if I see it again.

I like to watch the wing feathers with my rollers because i like finding out what coler they will be. Its like christmas every time! But since you know what coler it will be just enjoy watching!
No I haven’t noticed. Where do they start first? I’m going to try to take pics daily, or at least every other day. I’ve been gone all day today for a funeral.
Bugsy is the name, so far. :D
We’ll see if it sticks.

Go for the next one!!! Thats a cool deal. Have you considered building a pallet one? We did ours for 250$ and its 6 by 8. I would like bigger plus a flight pen but... not anytime soon!
Yeah! Most of the other ones are these 'prefab' lofts. Cost alot of money but won't last long. I'm keeping my eye open at the moment so if anything else comes up I'll go for it.

New pics of Bugsy today. Wing looks fine to me.
CCA99E85-4F0E-43DE-ADA3-57ADA9655CDE.jpeg
AF8A9D8B-E66E-44D1-9C5E-12B7D1B17220.jpeg
29E0B902-DC87-4531-9D68-2AA9DAF36D6E.jpeg

Bonnie and Clyde were both outside this morning, so I took the opportunity to bring the little one inside to weigh her. 132 grams at 11 days, sound about average?
And photo op, of course :)
I also picked some of the poop out of the nest and added some more shavings and straw. Clyde was back on the nest a bit later.

View attachment 1615023 View attachment 1615024 View attachment 1615026
Soooo cute! :love:love
A friend at work named her for me. I showed her the pic and she said looks like a little Bugsy. How perfect is that, with Bonnie and Clyde as parents? :lol:
I love it!!! Its perfect! :highfive:
For some reason I'm not getting notifications, except quotes.:confused:
Same here.. I tried Nats suggestion to unwatch and rewatch but it hasnt helped..:confused:
I saw 2 hawks today but I admit I often think about letting then out for a good fly. Having the flight pen where they can flap around, stroll on the ground and roost up high in the sun when its out really helps! I would feel worse if they were confined in the loft, especially w18 birds in a 4x6 loft.
Took this pic of Loper tonight. He so funny when he stands up tall on his perch and puffs his chest out like he's warning me not to mess with him....I tickled his toes anyway!:lau I like this little guy.
View attachment 1615482
He's beautiful Bio!! :love
Saw this on ebay. Should have got it really but I'm still waiting to recoup space in my garden!!
View attachment 1615897
Nice.. you should have gotten it..:D
I cant get over how fast she's growin! :love:love:love:love

We were burning scrap wood outside of my flyers coop and they were interested in the flames. Wonder what they would do if i free flew them. Lets not find out!

@CCUK remind me, how many birds do you have? And you do tosses with them, right? Dont you also have a neighbor with pigeons? What type? Im just wondering.
I currently have 13 that fly. I've lost 3 and I have one with a broken wing. I've only done a couple of tosses but not much more just yet. My neighbour has racing pigeons too. He has an all singing all dancing loft! Our birds regularly train together!! Unfortunately I don't really speak to him.

Back
Top Bottom