Pigeon Talk

Yeah those are Миколаївський високольотний... Mykolaevsky highfliers (although here they write Nikolaevsky which comes from the Russian way of saying it). In America they seem to be calling them Ukrainian skycutters. Quite a sight to be seen when a large flock of them is flying....
Wow! I thought they could be awesome fliers. thanks for the clip.:highfive:

Guess what. I got Peach back, but he didn’t come home on his own record.
So apparently him and Kiwi were flying over my great-uncle’s house, and Peach went and hit the window. Kiwi kept on flying. So myuncle goes and puts him in a tree so that the cats don’t get him. He doesn’t go so my uncle brings him inside. Took a picture, sent it to his family.
Family is all like “that’s a white bird, it’s special and holy, keep it,” getting him all up on his high horse. So he was getting attached.
Then him and my aunt go to visit my grandparents. Uncle brings up that he found a white pigeon and my grandma’s all like, “hey, my granddaughter lost a white pigeon yesterday.” And so he shows her the picture and my grandma asks me what my pigeon looks like. I send her a picture and she’s like “oh yeah, that’s him.” My uncles all like, “no, I don’t think that’s him,” because he’s being a greedy bastard wanting to keep my pigeon. Like, we don’t get pigeons where I live, especially not big white ones. So, after they argue for a bit, my grandma returns me my pigeon. Definitely a close call. Peach doesn’t seem hurt at all, which is good. Such a coincidence that he hit my uncles window, who lives about two miles away.
Wow...thats quite a thing! Of all the things that could have happened, that wouldn't even be a thought! Glad you got him back though. Perhaps if you can get them to hatch some eggs you could sell some youngsters to your uncle! All's well that ends well!

I noticed something yesterday.... Skye, my Bluette cock has red feet. Yesterday I noticed they seem much more red than I've ever noticed before. Why might that be? My imagination?.... Cold weather?.... Mating mode???
I'm going to guess mating mode. I notice a brighter red on some of my birds feet sometimes,
Do you have a little goat now? I'm looking at your avatar.:)

Between baths in the winter mine get pretty dry looking feet but when the dead skins comes off it looks very red in comparison to how light they were earlier. I've noticed this in pictures from the summer when it was humid and they were bathing regularly so their feet were quite vibrant. Maybe that's what you're seeing :)
I'm really glad you have been able to fly your birds without interference from the hawks. :hugs

That's quite a bold statement to make... would you mind sharing how many years experience you have with flying pigeons?

I would never fly pigeons. I have seen the gruesome deaths inflicted on ferals, and watched eight white homers living with a fancier down the block dwindle as they were reduced to piles of feathers and bone in the lot where they would go for grit and be hit by the peregrines over just the past year. Wild pigeons followed by researchers almost never lived more than three years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom