Pigeon Talk

Qwerty....they are cuties!

So what is everyone going to do with their babies? Keep 'em, sell some, turn them into house pigeons like Olive? Seems there are a bunch of babies right now. Tis the season, I guess. That's what concerns me..falling in love with the babies and ending up with 500 birds!!

Personally I'm just going to breed 1 squab from each pair just to see what happens. If I get that one pidge I was talking about that would put me at around 8 in total, which I think is a pretty good amount for now. I don't think I'll sell any but I have a few friends that are bird people who are interested in having pigeons as an indoor pet or building a small loft in their yard. In that case I may breed a few extra for them.

BP... you ether get my vibes, or you hacked into my picture library:gig

This afternoon I have been
oregonian_winesmiley.gif
HEAVY,, View attachment 2163996
I know BP was right. I had a picture in my head - not as good as yours though! :lau

Today Nuggets eyes opened! View attachment 2164456
He’s been pecking at my fingers when I scoop him up. At this point I almost have to hold him in two hands!
I view many pictures, (news, old photos, Etc.) and like to read the expression they present. Some sad, some happy, and everything in-between.
I read in this baby's expression,, WHATS FOR DINNER?
Anyone else see same as I? :idunno (in Nuggets eyes, not pix at bottom)
nugget.PNG

1590695958932.png

I don't think I'll sell any but I have a few friends that are bird people who are interested in having pigeons as an indoor pet or building a small loft in their yard.
It's a different feeling to sell, and to rehome. Even if there is a minimal cash transaction involved.
When you help someone out in getting pigeons to start their own journey, it is a Good Feeling. :love
When
biophiliac

sold her first batch,,, she mentioned a slight sad. That feeling changes knowing you helped someone into getting what you are enjoying. :thumbsup

It's a different feeling to sell, and to rehome. Even if there is a minimal cash transaction involved.
When you help someone out in getting pigeons to start their own journey, it is a Good Feeling. :love
When
biophiliac

sold her first batch,,, she mentioned a slight sad. That feeling changes knowing you helped someone into getting what you are enjoying. :thumbsup

For sure! I don't think I'd be able to sell my babies without knowing where they're going haha. Most of my babies will probably be weird mixes because I just let the pigeons pair up however they want but I'm sure they'll be pretty and my friends will enjoy them anyway.

By the way, I'm going to go through with getting that rescue I posted the other day! So excited!! I'll have to spend tomorrow getting a nice quarantine cage set up for him. Here is a pic. Look at those shimmery feathers. Such a cutie.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200527-132620~2.png
    Screenshot_20200527-132620~2.png
    486.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom