Pigeon Talk

Tis the season! Just wait till they lose the neck feathers. They will be almost bald!

Up to you, but I'm halting breeding for the most part, as molting and breeding both takes a toll on them.
I’ve taken away their nesting material since I’ve seen them gearing up for another clutch

While we have been talking about diseases, what do y'all think is going on?

for the last several weeeks, my birds droppings have slowly been getting worse. But they don't all look the same. Some are almost just water, some are bright green, some are light brown, some are a little red (perhaps cocci, But i do feed red grit). None of the droppings seem perfect, they all look kinda bad. The birds fluff up more than I like, with the occasional sneeze. What do y'all think?
IMG_20200731_163542.jpg
IMG_20200731_163637.jpg
IMG_20200731_163725.jpg
IMG_20200731_163740.jpg
IMG_20200731_163504.jpg
IMG_20200731_164040.jpg

They look good! How is the sick one doing?
Thankyou! He didn’t end up making it. Not sure what it was, I tried force feeding peas in the end and watering multiple times daily but he didn’t seem like he was improving. I do still see some watery droppings in the loft, as well as one of them sneezing (haven’t pinpointed the one yet) and one has some flaky skin on their head but I wasn’t sure if it was molting. I’m really hoping they all recover. Pigeons have been my favorite bird so far and iv barley has them, but the diseases will definitely make it harder on me

Back
Top Bottom