Pigeon Talk

How to train high flyer and low flyer pigeons which I bought from my neighbour, to come back to my loft and not go back to his loft?
You need to keep those prisoner, in your loft. Raise a few clutches of young pigeons, and release those from your loft. Those should homeset to your loft. Then you have 2 choices.
Sell the original pigeons to someone else,
Return them to your neighbor.
Hope you do not misunderstand the term PRISONER..
It is a term used to describe a pigeon that is kept inside a loft, and given
:loveLOVING CARE:love, but not allowed to leave the loft. Used to produce young pigeons, that will return to your loft.
When the pigeons are from such close loft, it is almost impossible to homeset them to yours next door.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

You need to keep those prisoner, in your loft. Raise a few clutches of young pigeons, and release those from your loft. Those should homeset to your loft. Then you have 2 choices.
Sell the original pigeons to someone else,
Return them to your neighbor.
Hope you do not misunderstand the term PRISONER..
It is a term used to describe a pigeon that is kept inside a loft, and given
:loveLOVING CARE:love, but not allowed to leave the loft. Used to produce young pigeons, that will return to your loft.
When the pigeons are from such close loft, it is almost impossible to homeset them to yours next door.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
hi thanks again for your Help.

I am new to this hobby, only started keeping pigeons six Months ago. After your recommendation I have decided not to fly the pigeons I got from my neighbour but wanted to know how can I train their offsprings to come back to my loft after flying. (I was told by my neighbour to cut their feathers, so they can only fly a couple of feet and let them out of my loft for 1 to 2 hours every day. He said by the time they grow new feathers they will be tried)

(Sorry for any spelling or grammatical mistakes)

I have a white pigeon pair. The female has yellowish eyes and the male has blackish brown eyes. The pair produces white babies with a little bit of red on the chest and wings and blackish brown eyes. The pair also produces grizzled babies with a blue tint with blackish brown eyes. What genetics could my breeder pair be caring and how can I get pure white birds from my current birds?

hi thanks again for your Help.

I am new to this hobby, only started keeping pigeons six Months ago. After your recommendation I have decided not to fly the pigeons I got from my neighbour but wanted to know how can I train their offsprings to come back to my loft after flying. (I was told by my neighbour to cut their feathers, so they can only fly a couple of feet and let them out of my loft for 1 to 2 hours every day. He said by the time they grow new feathers they will be tried)

(Sorry for any spelling or grammatical mistakes)
I prefer not to clip flight feathers and have never done so. Ideally I trap train my youngsters and start letting them out when they are only 6-8 weeks old. At this age they lack the self confidence and physical strength to go far and will likely flutter around near the loft or up to your roof to look around. By the time they go further, they'll be oriented to your loft. Even older birds I have never cut flights. Clipping their feathers makes them easy prey!

Mine are homers, did you say what breed you have?

Back
Top Bottom