Pigeon Talk

Interesting. My best guess is two hens laid those eggs, while the male who is sitting on eggs with a different hen fertilized. Pigeons aren't as faithful as people make them out to be. Keep us updated, hopefully all 4 babies survive. That's a lot of feeding for 2 birds.
I agree on all counts.

Talking about ferals...
Meet my new son/daughter I adopted off the street named Squabble. Looks to be a self black void baby.
5BD6AA63-30E4-4B11-86DC-A65F32A8F12B.jpeg

I have looked after pigeons before but didn’t really own one, well, besides my diamond dove Lulu XD The rock doves though were either lost racers or sickly pigeons, until now where I picked Squabble up.

Talking about ferals...
Meet my new son/daughter I adopted off the street named Squabble. Looks to be a self black void baby.

I have looked after pigeons before but didn’t really own one, well, besides my diamond dove Lulu XD The rock doves though were either lost racers or sickly pigeons, until now where I picked Squabble up.
Was pigeon injured, or tired, that you were able to catch, or did he fly into your loft?
Many readers here know that ferals are my Fav's. Maybe it is because I take in rescue cats, dogs, and my last one is a rescue chicken. (pullet) Yes, somewhat longer story, but never-less a rescue.
IMG_20210416_193254152.jpg

Was pigeon injured, or tired, that you were able to catch, or did he fly into your loft?
Many readers here know that ferals are my Fav's. Maybe it is because I take in rescue cats, dogs, and my last one is a rescue chicken. (pullet) Yes, somewhat longer story, but never-less a rescue.
View attachment 2654983
I haven’t got a loft, yet, but I found him in town looking all depressed outside a shop, so I walked up, picked Squabble up and took Squabble into the taxi home with me. 😆 I think the little tyke was dehydrated as he became fit as a fiddle once home and having gotten some food and water.

I thought he was hand raised and released or escaped from somewhere, but has no identification anywhere and apparently feral youngsters are pretty docile. Squabble is super sweet and cuddly, though with a bit of a rebellious streak.

Also that is an adorable pullet!

Last edited:
I haven’t got a loft, yet, but I found him in town looking all depressed outside a shop, so I walked up, picked Squabble up and took Squabble into the taxi home with me. 😆 I think the little tyke was dehydrated as he became fit as a fiddle once home and having gotten some food and water.

I thought he was hand raised and released or escaped from somewhere, but has no identification anywhere and apparently feral youngsters are pretty docile. Squabble is super sweet and cuddly, though with a bit of a rebellious streak.

Also that is an adorable pullet!
You may just decide to keep him as an indoor pet. Keeping a single pigeon works well. They can be trained to be tidy, and clean. I will tag @Serin , and he may give you some good ideas on indoor keeping. He keeps Olive, a Lovely Pigeon :love
I copied this from his postings
1620413777450.png

You may just decide to keep him as an indoor pet. Keeping a single pigeon works well. They can be trained to be tidy, and clean. I will tag @Serin , and he may give you some good ideas on indoor keeping. He keeps Olive, a Lovely Pigeon :love
I copied this from his postings
View attachment 2655224
I am planning on keeping him as a pet, but it feels wrong keeping him without a buddy, even though solo is best for housepet doves.

Been carrying him around the house and training him to respond to the rattling of seeds in a plastic tub. First he was scared of the noise, but I gave him a smooch and shown him the food. He ate some, I moved the tub away, shook it again, brought it back and repeated until he snapped his attention to the tub each time it rattled and ate. Then after eating, he took a power nap on me before then deciding to go for a fly about and trashed a shelf... 😆

Also, Olive is gorgeous! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom