FathertoFeathers

Songster
Aug 26, 2019
Tennessee
I’m interested in how coops/lofts are set up for those who keep chickens and pigeons together. If you keep them together please show me your setups! I’m very curious and could use some inspiration!

I do have a group of Satinettes pigeons and porcelain d’uccle chickens together. They were beside each other in separate pens, but the pigeons needed more room, so I took down the fence between them. I have seen a couple roosters pick on some pigeons, but the pigeons have plenty of high roosts to get away. I still provide pigeon seed and chicken crumbles on their original sides of the double pen, but both eat out of either. I did have a couple chicken hens take over pigeon nest bowls though. Lol
IMG_4791.jpeg
IMG_4794.jpeg
IMG_4723.jpeg

I do have a group of Satinettes pigeons and porcelain d’uccle chickens together. They were beside each other in separate pens, but the pigeons needed more room, so I took down the fence between them. I have seen a couple roosters pick on some pigeons, but the pigeons have plenty of high roosts to get away. I still provide pigeon seed and chicken crumbles on their original sides of the double pen, but both eat out of either. I did have a couple chicken hens take over pigeon nest bowls though. Lol
View attachment 3681655View attachment 3681656View attachment 3681657
Very nice! Beautiful birds as well! This is kind of what I’m attempting to do. As far as feed goes, how do you keep the chickens from eating all of their food?

Very nice! Beautiful birds as well! This is kind of what I’m attempting to do. As far as feed goes, how do you keep the chickens from eating all of their food?
Surely you have been wing-slapped by a pigeon before? :lol:

I have several troughs and feeders, so they pretty much just move to another space if they get crowded out.
IMG_6183.jpeg
IMG_6181.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom