Pigeons

roosters97

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
VA
Tell me the pros and cons about pigeons!!
lol.png
lol.png

they can be pretty to fly around and their antics are fun to watch.

they can be a cheap source of meat.

Many styles to pick from but the colors are limited vs chickens.

All my birds really need is feed and water they take care of the rest. So I would say they are very easy to take care of.

But my birds never fly or leave the loft. I could see a lot more problems with fliers like rollers or homers ect.

Last edited:
Be real careful. They are highly addictive! And the addiction last for years. I've had it for almost 45 years!
They are easy to raise and come in so many varietys and colors. Depending on your location they can be a profitable hobby also.

Pros - highly addictive, lots of variety, dang they are cool, highly addictive, they won't take over your mind like silkies, tons of variety, very addictive, you can't ever get too many, they are like collerctor stamps or knives or something like that, very addictive

cons - I just can come up with any!

Wants some advice on which ones to get...a pair of each!

m y friend has a fan tail, its just about the coolest thing ever ! it goes outside and stays within its house perimiter and comes in at night and sleeps in a parrot cage, his name is bird LOL !

They poop ALOT, alot more then chickens, I think. I have rollers, shakers, racing homers, fiquritas, barbs, frillbacks and modenas, I think thats it. Some are better parents then others, some cant even feed their young, but they are rare breeds or what I call special breeds. My spanish fiquritas are NOT good parents and we have to foster their eggs under another breed to raise them. They are really nice to watch flying around the farm and to listen to and watch when they are mating and or struting...............

Back
Top Bottom