Pigeons

You will find that pigeons do not like to be handled as a rule. You can get them to come to you when you call with treats such as shelled peanuts or sunflower hearts.

As pets however I find they are not touchy feelly or cuddly.
At least the homers I have are not.

Last edited:
You will find that pigeons do not like to be handled as a rule. You can get them to come to you when you call with treats such as shelled peanuts or sunflower hearts.

As pets however I find they are not touchy feelly.
At least the homers I have are not.
My pigeons are very sweet. Some of them will even try to groom my hand.
Some of them don't like being handled at all, but that's because I havn;t been spending as much time with them.

I have gotten some pigeons.. but i need 2 more females for the right price... and yes they are pets

And i dont need any rules.. animals can be tamed and can be handled.. it depends on how they are raised so dont tell me that they dont like being held.. I ask for pigeons not your narrow minded opinion.. and im happy to do business with all btw. Hokum coco

And i dont need any rules.. animals can be tamed and can be handled.. it depends on how they are raised so dont tell me that they dont like being held.. I ask for pigeons not your narrow minded opinion.. and im happy to do business with all btw. Hokum coco.

Of course I have had pigeons in my loft that were exceptions to this rule. I would like to sincerely apologies for "Your Interpretation" of my narrow minded view. I did not mean to offend your wide range of animal experience. I am some what surprised I never read any of your publications on taming animals where you are such an authority. If I had of know my experiences with my particular type of pigeons was so offensive to you I would have kept it to myself for sure! I had no way of knowing I was in the company of someone with your massive amounts of knowledge. I am glad to know you do not need any rules (or opinions for that matter). With that attitude I am sure you will get to where you deserve to be in life.

Last edited:
By the way i raised and 8 day old pigeon.. want a pic of it..
Why did you eat your day old pigeon?

I keep and breed fancy pigeons.. many breeds.. I can say that they do not like to be held and petted. Most of mine are very tame.. the love to fly and land all over my head and shoulders.. and they will fly to my hands to eat peanuts.

But they don't like to be held and cuddled. That is very unnatural for a bird.

A single pigeon caged on its own will over time get very tame and it will accept you as its mate. That is the only time a pigeon will really enjoy you petting it and tickling its neck feathers.

Even my hand reared pigeons (that were super tame and very naughty) did not like to be held or restrained. But they would have no fear of me and would happily sit on my arm or lap and peck at my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom