Piglet HELP!

if it were me id get some milk replacer or do what ozarkhen said with the starter it looks to be only a few weeks old maybe 3
big_smile.png
sure is cute

It's strange that just one piglet was out there. It looks really young. You might want to check around where you found that one. You might have a momma and more piglets running around.

I would check too. There might be more. I don't know what breed of piglet it might be, but it doesn't look very old. When we got ours they were about 4x that size and they were 9 weeks old. I bet he's not even off the teet yet. Yes, pigs grow fast. We usually keep ours for 4 months and end up with a 220 pounder.

Thank you guys for all then help. SHe is the cutest, most UGKY lil thing! I live VERY rural, no neighbors, NO CLUE where it came from. We live in FL and can't go in the woods this time of year. WELL Won't go snakes, spiders etc etc.. Haven't seen or HEARD anymore.

It will not make it on pig food... Need pig starter. Stuff I bought was $40 for a 50lb bag...mine were about 9lbs when I got them.

No scraps. Not until 40lbs or so. Surprisingly pigs have sensitive stomachs. That is, they do not fully develop until the pig is much older.

Cows milk would be bad...if anything try some carnation(type) condensed milk. How much does it weigh? maybe 6 lbs? Much smaller than that it still needs milk. Once it is 9 or so it should be fine on thehigh dollar pig starter. with only 1 baby 1 bag of expensive food will be it, then you can go to the $10 a bag stuff.

keep it warm under a heat lamp or similiar. They cannot keep themselves warm at that size. Without momma or littermates, keeping it warm will beimportatnt....

Goodluck...

Last edited:
At our local MFA I get pig starter for $15.30 per one hundred pounds..yes, 100#. It must be moistened. It will do fine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom