Pilgrim geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by ScoobyRoo, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I have a pair of pilgrims that are 18 mos. old. They are strictly my yard ornaments. I am considering selling them. My reason is I work more than I should and they don't have the freedom they use to have. They stay penned up with my chickens when we are not home. They need more room. If I sell them what is a fair price? I just want them to go to a good home. I live in south/eastern Kansas and I would not ship them. They would have to be picked up. The only information I could find is someone on-line was selling a pair for $85 two years ago, age was not menioned though. Any opinions?
    btw--the goose has laid eggs for me last spring (2010) and they were fertile. The big eggs for baking and the personality would be missed. I would much rather re-home the three ducks than my pair of pilgrims.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. floridaquilter

floridaquilter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    I bought three full grown Toulouse this year and paid $30 a piece for them. although many told me that I paid too much, I was pleased. You could put an ad on Craigslist. sure wish I lived closer..I would surely buy them [​IMG]

3. srsmith69

srsmith69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Where did your pilgrims come from? Got any pictures

4. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I bought them from Jennifer at "Omniskies" in Springfield, MO. They were goslings when I purchased them in April of 2009.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by