Pine shavings?

Could contain pine, doesn't specify so probably a mix.
https://mallardcreekinc.com/product/premium-poultry-bedding/
Don't see much advantage on having DE(doesn't do anything but make dust).
Granulated zeolite is great for poop boards.
I use it for direct bedding, so hoping the DME will discourage pests. I bought a pre-fab house that included roosting bars inside. But I bought a large breed (unknowingly) - Brahmas - and they got too big. The rooster kept knocking the bar loose as he moved around, so I took them out. Now they rustle up a nest of shavings & sleep that way. There're places outside un the coop for them to roost. No room for a poop board in that set up!

I use it for direct bedding, so hoping the DME will discourage pests. I bought a pre-fab house that included roosting bars inside. But I bought a large breed (unknowingly) - Brahmas - and they got too big. The rooster kept knocking the bar loose as he moved around, so I took them out. Now they rustle up a nest of shavings & sleep that way. There're places outside un the coop for them to roost. No room for a poop board in that set up!
You can fit into the big coop you'll build, eh?
Do regular exams for bugs on birds, have some permethrin on hand if you find them.

You can fit into the big coop you'll build, eh?
Do regular exams for bugs on birds, have some permethrin on hand if you find them.
Of course, I guess it's a natural progression with chickens, hey? Love the run, chain link dog pen 10×20. But I was pretty mad about the house - supposed to be for 4 birds! Spent time researching, bought from what appeared to be USA cottage industry. Arrived with giant Made in China letters & was so cheap. Building our own next time, but not sure if our marriage can survive it .. 😆

Back
Top Bottom