Pink chicken! *Photo Update.

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
My handicapped hen and I are in the bathroom right now with kool-aid and wondering how I color her correctly. Don't give me "thats animal cruelty", I know for a fact it isn't.
If you're wondering, I just want a cool chicken. I have two cherry, and a grape. There is no sugar in it. She is a bantam and is a buff orpington.
I already checked out that silkie thread, I didn't see any directions in all the blabber.
My questions are :
The consistensy of the powder? A smooth paste?
Do I need to add anything in?
Do I need to apply anything on her before hand?
How long would I keep the kool-aid on her?
And how long will it last?
I'm first washing her with dish soap to break through the oils in her feathers.

Last edited:
You can always dip her in a bucket of koolaid, but the paste would be a darker color. Leave it on for a 5 minutes, and wash it off.

Blow dry for scraps of dignity.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Will she be single or multi-toned?

Whatever you do, you have to post pictures. It's giving me ideas about things to do to my daughter's favorite light-brown Turken--the turkens already look punkish with their bare necks!

Quote:
Go away, Batty. Or elsest I shall badgest thee!!! LOL!

nanny nanny boo boo you can' t make me
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif

i have 3 white silkies that we couldn't tell apart. i put food coloroing with water in a spray bottle. Pink, Blue, & Yellow. Yellow has lasted the longest.(about 2 months) But we wondered......did the other chickens make fun of them
smile.png

Nope. Chickens see color just fine.

You are mixing that up with the fact that chickens can't count.

That is: you can stick extra chicks under a broody with chicks, so long as they are the same color. She cant count her babies, but she'll kill a buff in her batch of whites if she spots it.

Back
Top Bottom