Pink eggs!

We have two Faverolles and were told they lay pink eggs. They are only 3 months old now though, so we are still waiting....

I've got a faverolle pullet as well. Not laying yet but imo the pics I've seen of their eggs are more cream looking; however, pics, esp in a computer/phone screen, are very misleading. So I'm def keeping my fingers crossed for pink! They are my favorite breed based on looks alone so she really can't disappoint me either way! Post pics of your eggs when your's lay please. I'd love to see them as well as find out what age yours begin to lay at. Thanks! :)

I've got a faverolle pullet as well. Not laying yet but imo the pics I've seen of their eggs are more cream looking; however, pics, esp in a computer/phone screen, are very misleading. So I'm def keeping my fingers crossed for pink! They are my favorite breed based on looks alone so she really can't disappoint me either way! Post pics of your eggs when your's lay please. I'd love to see them as well as find out what age yours begin to lay at. Thanks! :)

I'll for sure be sharing once we get eggs...I'll be so proud, lol!

I'll for sure be sharing once we get eggs...I'll be so proud, lol!
I hear ya! Are you a 1st time chicken owner like me? I have researched read and waited for years for the right time to get mine. When I decided to get them I was supposed to get 3-6 pullets & ended up with 9 pullets and 1 cockerel-chicken math lol! Anyways I cannot wait for my first eggs!

Bump- still conducting my survey. Lol! Who else? Pink eggs??? Who layed your pink eggs- this includes cream, tinted, light brown or dark brown with bloom. Anything that looked pink to the eye! If you've had one tell me who layed it!! Come on guys!

I have a red sex link that consistently lays pinkish brown eggs. They're actually kind of a peachy color, which is funny because her name is Queen Peach (coincidence).
Thanks! That's funny! Maybe I'll give that I try if I ever try to add pink layers (I'm sure I will end up doing so). I'll call them Pinky, Rose, Peaches... lol!

Thanks! That's funny! Maybe I'll give that I try if I ever try to add pink layers (I'm sure I will end up doing so). I'll call them Pinky, Rose, Peaches... lol!
I have 4 RSLs and only Peach lays pink ones, so don't count on RSLs for pink eggs! We just got lucky. :D

On another note it's interesting to see that Barred Rocks, Black Australorps and New Hampshire Reds will sometimes/often lay pinkish eggs; we got 5 chicks last month and we have one of each of those! Add 2 Easter Eggers and we should have a pretty colorful egg basket coming. :love

Back
Top Bottom