Pipd's Peeps!

One of the Crevecoeur eggs was cracked but they sent three extras. All the silkie eggs are good. They didn't mark them for color so it's going to be a surprise hatch on them.

:yesss: Silkie chicks can be all over the darn place with chick down coloring, so that'll be interesting to figure them out. Just ask Tink 🤣

On another note the one silkie I thought was white from TSC has ended up being blue or splash. That makes me so happy. 🥰

Yay!! Silkied Blues and Splashes are so pretty! :love Not that I have any kind of bias there, either. 🤭

Yeah, that's pretty lousy to only give you 4 minutes' notice. :barnie Hopefully they do all right sitting at the post office through the weekend until you can get them :fl
Yeah, they where the most expensive eggs yet. Still cheaper than the adult birds. It's my two dozen blue brassyback rosecombs. I'm so frustrated right now still. 😩 I've gotten me some icecream consolation at the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah, they where the most expensive eggs yet. Still cheaper than the adult birds. It's my two dozen blue brassyback rosecombs. I'm so frustrated right now still. 😩 I've gotten me some icecream consolation at the moment.

Darn, not the rosecombs! I know it definitely doesn't fix it, but I hope the ice cream at least made you feel a bit better :hugs

It's candling day. I've been peeking and I'm pretty sure I have quite a few clears in there, unfortunately. Not sure why all of the eggs from the girls I didn't want to hatch from developed, but now that I've got those girls split out I'm getting patchy fertility out of the girls I actually want chicks from. :barnie

It's also setting day for the next batch, this one from Buck's girls as mentioned before. I usually wait until the day 14 candling to remove clears, but I'm thinking it'll probably be better to go ahead and remove the clears in the current batch today and set as many as possible from Buck's group. I'd like to get my hatching done with the Cochins earlier this year, both because it took foreeever for them to grow out, and because I have a lot of things planned for this fall and I really don't want to be juggling peepers in the middle of all that.

The big thing is that I'm applying to go back to college, which I'll hopefully be accepted for and start classes in the fall. Not nervous at all about that...
sweat wipe brow.gif

Back
Top Bottom