Pipped in wrong place

Hatching can be very stressful. Sometimes it's best to just leave and let the chips fall where they may. It's amazing when they start popping like popcorn and your hatcher fills up with fluff balls. With only two eggs I can see your dilemma. You might check craigslist for chicks also. Fingers crossed for you and good luck!

Hatching can be very stressful. Sometimes it's best to just leave and let the chips fall where they may. It's amazing when they start popping like popcorn and your hatcher fills up with fluff balls. With only two eggs I can see your dilemma. You might check craigslist for chicks also. Fingers crossed for you and good luck!
I’m in Scotland. Honestly I’ve checked everywhere. Not letting the chips fall, I will help if it’s still there in the morning

Remember it taken up to 24 hours from pip to zip. It's a looong 24 hours but completely normal. I've also has chicks hatch on their own from the wrong end. Hang in there. It'll be here before you know it. Also Marans are my favorites! Lucky you.

Remember it taken up to 24 hours from pip to zip. It's a looong 24 hours but completely normal. I've also has chicks hatch on their own from the wrong end. Hang in there. It'll be here before you know it. Also Marans are my favorites! Lucky you.

I'm in love with my Maran/legbar cross but this new baby oh my heart!! Simply gorgeous.

You guys are the best. Thanks so much for your support. I’ve had a lovely day because I haven’t had too worry too much about what’s happening. I love this forum

The little thing is out. It has a bit of gunky yellow stuff hanging from it and it’s belly looks big but I’ve read that that’s its egg yolk absorbed. Not sure if what I’m seeing is a little bit of unabsorbed yolk or just afterbirth. The egg shell is clean and dry. I know my black maran had a long dried up thing hanging off her for a couple of days. It’s been knocked about all day by this little one so I’ve taken her out as she is so boisterous and lively. She’s got two teddies and a mirror and seems happy now. This little thing has put me through the wringer and I think it’s far better they’re hatched in the night and I wake up to a little fluffy thing! I think this one might be a blue maran. It looks a pale grey colour. The other chick looks black but it’s still wet. The box was half black half blue!

Attachments

• 1B031ACF-2CCE-4324-908A-F5B4135EAB5E.jpeg
    1B031ACF-2CCE-4324-908A-F5B4135EAB5E.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom