Pit Bull Puppy (GETTING BETTER)

Nope.. it's a Pit, though, honestly, with no papers it's hard to say, but I have seen mama and daddy and they are pitties all right!

Update on Brutus Adam D'Orazio. I took him to the vet today. He has a cough and it could either be Kennel Cough or Distemper. Ifin its Distemper, she says its gonna kill the dog. Were praying that its Kennel Cough. If its not I'm gonna put him down. He has medicine and another appointment. She can't vaccinate him until and if he gets better.

Distemper is treatable!!! It just has to be caught in time. If not it can be a miserable death for the dog. Depending on what your financial situation is I would definately inquire about treatment possibilities, but by the grace of God it won't be distemper!!! Hope the pup gets better, and keep us updated!!!

Resources are available, the vet said the distemper wasnt treatable. Have been going to this vet for ever (16, 17 years?) and every single time I go I tell myself that is a rude woman. She's been a good vet or I would go somewhere else. I may get a second opinion ifin it turns out that its distemper. I dont think it is. The other dogs, my parents dogs live next door, have been vaccinated. I dont know much about vaccinations but I think that is covered. If not, I will get them all medicine. Not much else I can do.

Quote:
I saw your post after I posted again. I am on it and will try and treat him if I can catch it quick enough. One thing is for sure though, he is not going to die a miserable death, I'll shoot him first and he'll have his place in the family pet cemetary (back 5 acres). I know it sounds mean but no animal of mine is going to suffer more than needs be.

I've heard of new strains going around that are way worse than previous strains
sad.png
Maybe this is why the vet said it would be untreatable.... hope it's ok!

What a beautiful dog!!!

One thing I know about pits, though, is that they are pretty good climbers. Of course it would be silly not to put a top on your run, but make sure it is strong enough for a dog!! He just might climb it!!

Pit bulls can be the sweetest dogs! I don't care what anyone says!

Back
Top Bottom