Pitbulls *#@^ Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbama2

Songster
12 Years
Feb 6, 2007
Slocomb, Alabama
Working nights, I usually try to sleep from 4pm until midnight. Last night I did not get to bed till after 6. My wife and step daughter came in the bedroom screaming about 830 that the dogs and the pigs were going crazy. I go out in shorts, flip-flops, flashlight and shotgun. My dogs finished barking seeing that I was now there and in charge but the pigs wouldn't stop. In their pen were 2 pit bulls tearing away at my alpha male. It took one warning shot to get them off of him. The extra shots just to make sure they got out of there fast. It was kind of funny watching them try to squeeze through a 6" x 6" hog wire until they figured out how to climb the fence. I then had to check the hogs while my wife in night gown drove to the neighbors house to inform them. I doctored up the only one that was injured the best I could at night with a flashlight. My wife came back and said the neighbor will pay for any damages and that her dogs will be gone before the night was out. I am waiting to get off work now to see how he is. I am thankful that they didn't get into the chickens and turkeys. They would have sat there quietly and I wouldn't have known until it was too late. Now I have to give my dogs some treats for protecting my animals. I don't like the idea of taking out a dog but, a pitbull that has had a taste of blood probably should have been put down. If they aren't gone when I get home they will be if they are on my property. :mad:

I agree on all of the above. I don't believe it when someone says that "it depends on how they were raised" That's a lie!! Certain breeds just can't be trusted because even the pit bull can't help they way they are. It's instinct. When they bite their jaws literally lock and 9 times out of 10 they go for the jugular of their victim.
If anyone's dog came on my property and killed any of my pets I would shoot it dead. That's MY instinct, and I can't help that!

I agree with Chickbea. I have known sweet pitbulls (my mil had one for a very long time. He was aggressive to other dogs, but not at all to people.)

The scariest dog I know was my sister's dalmation Eddie. It is really sad, but so many people breed dogs to sell them, and never give a thought to what sort of temperament they are passing on. My sister got Eddie when he was 8weeks. I knew that dog his entire life, and used to take him for rides in my car. He became unbalanced, and would growl at me, tried to attack a friend of theirs <this was before they had kids, or I think they would have gotten rid of him then>. They talked to the vet, read books, tried everything they could think of. The dog settled down.. and then out of the blue two years later bit their daughter. Thankfully it was a tiny cut, but they had the dog put down the next day. They had owned him for six years.

I do think many owners contribute to aggression in their dogs by not correcting dogs with dominant tendency (my dogs are not allowed on ANY furniture, and I always go first through doorways, etc. They know where they are in the pecking order here), BUT many many dogs are bred with a complete disregard to the personalities of the parents. And this can be ANY breed. I also know of a Golden Retriever who bit kids, and was overall a nervous dog.

-Meghan

Oh thats awful!!!!
We have a pit bull law here in Ontario now
not only do all dogs need to be on a leash when
out and about but pitts need to be muzzled
They can no longer be bred and males need to be fixed
Not sure if its the locking jaw or just the
inner-breeding thats the problem

regardless........

what was the outcome?
My husband would dig a hole with his backhoe
and fill it with fur:)

Kerrey:woot

Thank you for all the condolences. I couldn't bring myself to get pictures yesterday. It was hard enough tending to his one ear. He will probably lose that ear. The other male had a tear in his hind leg about 7" long. The neighbors came over yesterday to tell me that they needed another day to get rid of them. They also asked what they owed me and sincerely asked to see the pigs. I declined the money or pig replacement as long as they survive. I personally will not get a pitbull but, everyone should be entitled to their preference of breed. Owner responsibility is a major part of it. I said I would never get a Rottie until someone dumped a mutt rottie puppy on the dirt road by my house. Anyone that is a welcome guest at my house has to be careful of his tail. Buddy will beat himself to death wagging his tail.
BTW did yall go on your trip, how was it?
Take care, Miriam

It was great other than wondering about the animals. I will have to try and get the video of the water spout that i have on here.​

To those who have sent me articles on Pit bulls. Please take a reading comprehension class so that you can understand what you send. Did you read the article at all?

1) The article maintains that Pits are bred for fighting (killing) of other animals. Reading comprehension is a must. referees in the "pit" with them

2) They are good animals for drug enforcers, again a trained, licensed person where the animal is kept in an enclosed environment. All dogs are altered, vaccinated, microchipped; we x-ray hips and offer a veterinarian health certificate on each dog we place.

3) They are being bred/crossbred by people w/no abilities so that we are ending up w/a breed that is "damaged". tragic overpopulation comes the unavoidable percentage of animals which are mentally damaged and mishandled by cruel, ignorant or even criminally minded dog owners.

4) The difference between a dalmation biting your dog vs a pit bull/pitcross is that the dalmation bite sends you to vet where a pit sends you to morgue.

5) Pits are friendly to people normally but when they go over the line, damage will be done.

6) Same person who defends Pits in the average person's hands is the same person who sees nothing wrong w/giving a loaded gun to a child. There is nothing wrong w/guns--I hunt--but you don't give loaded guns to untrained people.

Last edited:
It is OK everyone, I don't get easily offended. I use to drive a cab in NYC and did 6 years in the Navy. LOL! I like when people can express themselves without getting hostile about it. Trying to influence your beliefs on others is not what we are about. Remember there are people that love their (____) more than anything else. You fill in the blank. With a pet name. LOL again! It looks like Making Bacon is going to pull through. Here are some pictures since they aren't so graphic now.
Chicks043.jpg
Chicks042.jpg
He will just be a little deformed but, will remind me of how the quickness to react to a bad situation can save any animal. Thank You everyone again. Temperatures and humidity have finally got them wallowing in the mud so they don't look pretty. But they love the mudhole.

Last edited:
I am glad your pig is pulling through, and getting better. As for them being mudy thats ok to the only ones I have seen that were clean were either at a 4-H show or on my plate!!
lol.png

Wow Ed, I am so sorry. I sure hope your pig is ok. I would have shot the dogs....THEN went to get the nabor, and said....come get your dead dogs!! Im sorry if I offend anyone but you have to protect your animals...they depend on you. So, no warning...just a few shots. Done!

I agree should have just shot them dead, not wounded, dead. Some breeds of dogs should not be allowed in the general public's hands as they are much more dangerous. I had a pit cross kill our dog in front of my 5 year old daughter. Normal dogs bite/fight and it's over, pit and pit crosses don't stop till opponent is dead. Their bite is 10X stronger than normal dog, so more damage is done. They should be licensed just like a gun.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom