Pithy Sayings About Human Nature

welsummerchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 26, 2010
Anyone think of some of those really funny, pithy sayings about human nature?

I just remembered this one:

"A clear conscience is an indication of a fuzzy memory".

LOL!!!!

Dont know if this counts but,

I once worked for a cranky old guy who owned the bar I bartended in. He'd been in the biz for 20 odd years or so dealing with all kinds of people from all walks of life. He would tell me-

'You can predict alot of things, but the one thing you can never predict is human nature and response.'

Im still figuring that one out....

This is not a saying, it's a quote, but I love it, it's so true!
"Each human being is unique. Each with their own qualities, instincts, forms of pleasure. However, society imposes on us a collective way of behaving and people never stop to wonder why they should be behave like that. They just accept it. Forcing yourself to be the same as everyone else is a distortion of nature. People go against nature because they lack the courage to be different." - Paolo Coelho

"He who farts in church sits in his own pew."

Okay, so maybe that's not exactly what you wanted.
lol.png

I had a teacher many years ago who always said "where there's no sense, there's no feeling." Was never quite sure what that meant (this was in elementary school and I'm now getting Social Security if that gives you an idea as to how long ago it was).

"How much pain have caused us the troubles which have never happened." - Thomas Jefferson

"The problem with trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you often succeed." - C.S. Lewis

Back
Top Bottom