Pizza?

You like pizza?

• Total voters
Just wanted to wake this thread up a bit.. I bake pizzas usually on weekends, or when there is a family get-together,, also usually on weekends. Here is an Idea that is EZ. This is white Italian bread from grocery store. Slice sandwich size thickness and lay out on cookie sheet. About 1 tablespoon of Pasta Sauce, or Marinara. (per slice) I used shredded cheddar instead of mozzarella. topped with fresh sliced mushrooms. Baking time is short,, since all things are already cooked. (with exception of those mushrooms. which do not take long)

@IMG_20191222_202008735_HDR.jpg
@IMG_20191222_202159435_HDR.jpg

Topping possibilities are of course endless. Search reefer for interesting dinner leftovers. Reefer is refrigerated trailer in trucking, đźš› ... I also use it to describe a home refrigerator. I know some peeps use that word to describe herbs. :gig

I didn't like frozen, then thawed, dough.
I have been researching, and studying pizza dough for some time now. I Usually make my 4 pizza quantity recipe the day before.
Make the dough, and allow to get first rise. Remove dough from bowl, and knead out the gas, Separate into my 4 same size portions. Just a little over one pound each. Form into a ball, and drop into Olive oiled bowl to coat well. Then I place into a plastic bag, and remove all air. Tie the bag at the top, tightly. There is plenty of room inside bag for expansion. I place into refrigerator. (not freezer) The dough does expand some by the next day. (inside cold refrigerator). Can be used even after one week. Simply roll out dough and allow to warm up to room temp, then get a second rise. This way you get a soft pizza crust part. If you don't choose to wait for second rise, you still will get oven spring,,,,,, but maybe not as fluffy of a crust.

My understanding, with frozen dough. After a 2 week period, the yeast supposedly dies off to a certain degree. Your pizza results in a thin crust variety.
BTW. Aging pizza dough does develop different flavors that are quite desired by many pizza bakers.

Baked these 2 pizzas On Sunday.
IMG_20220522_172627_8.jpg
IMG_20220522_175413717.jpg

And with the extra 2 dough, baked these 2 mini loaves.
IMG_20220522_195124494.jpg
IMG_20220522_201715797.jpg
IMG_20220522_203030829.jpg
IMG_20220522_195047751.jpg

@cavemanrich Those look awesome!
Julia Child said that you have to let whole wheat bread rise 3 times. I keep many different grains around the house and I buy them in 25lb bags, then mill my own. I tried using a "poolish" but I felt as if I had to do a pizza every night. That's just too much pizza since I live alone.
I also have a 24 hour, 2 rise rule.
bagels_horiz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom