Plantinum Poultry Member?

Sorry, should have posted about this sooner... it's been busy busy!

A year and a half ago we created the "Golden Feather Membership" that allows us to provide extra features and upgrades to our wonderful members. Since then we've run into situations where our GFMs have run into limits and have been requesting (over and over again) to have options above and beyond that of a GFM.

With these requests in mind the BYC Staff have been brainstorming like crazy to find a way to accommodate these users. Here's what we've come up with:

Member Requirements:
Must have been registered as a BYC member for 1/2 year
Must have at least 500 posts
Must have at least 90% positive feedback in the new BSA feedback system (if selling)

Features:
• All the GFM benefits plus:
• Unlimited Image Storage
• Unlimited Private Message Storage
• Unlimited BSA Listings
• Change your own title, any time in your profile
*conditions to all the above apply. Once officially announced, see rules for details.
smile.png

Cost:
6 months: $35
1 year: $60

NOTE: If you are already a GFM you can apply every month of remaining GFM to this new system at a rate of $2 for each month remaining (up to $20 max discount). So, if you have 3 months of GFM left you will get $6 off your Platinum Membership. You can PM Terrie or email [email protected] to find out how much GFM time you have left.

We worked really hard to keep the upgraded membership as inexpensive as possible while trying to ensure value to our members that want to upgrade. We feel confident that they price is very cheap with any other sites that offer similar services.

I've updated the "Golden Feather Page" with more details on this new usergroup:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gfm.html

Really, if you sell a lot of items, $60 isn't bad. I used to sell a TON of stuff on Ebay but quit as the rules changed and fees went up. Anyone who has sold elsewhere will see that $60 is really a pretty good deal.
wink.png

Quote:
If you figure it out is averages out to be $5.00 a month. With unlimited listings it is an excellent deal. It makes Eggbid look really expensive! And their business has really gone down if you ask me.

60 is waaaaaaay to steep. I would gladly pay 40, but 60? If the bst section would be more refined and a stronger buyer base then yea, but it seems like the bst section doesn't really sell that much at all really? 60 is extremly high imo.

$60? I could go out and order 50 more chicks to be friends with my twelve supposedly getting ready for hatching with that money. Are they availible through the BYC Store? Can they be gifted?

Back
Top Bottom